Executive Communications Manager (Consumer)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 09/10/2019
Job Title:Executive Communications Manager (Consumer)
US, California, Santa Clara
The goal of this role is to develop and drive a comprehensive communications strategy that educates, informs, connects, and inspires employees as well as customers and partners. McAfee Consumer organization is driving change and there is an increased need for support in communications, intranet platforms, training materials, marketing development, and change management. This includes enhancing our existing communication channels and discovering new digital innovations that enable us to make real-time updates, provide topical messages, and link our employees (past, present, and future) to the information they need and want to know. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a dynamic environment while continually evaluating whether prevailing strategies are delivering the impact needed to justify their time and effort across different customer populations. The ideal candidate would have several years in communications, marketing, or capabilities development, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is an opportunity for a creative, dynamic, and results-driven communications professional to add significant value to the McAfee Consumer organization.
The ideal candidate must be an artful writer and skilled strategic communicator who can translate complicated messages into clear, compelling language. They must also have a strong track record in producing high-quality, crisp speeches and presentations for senior executives, a demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information, exemplary organizational skills, and an uncompromising eye for quality and detail while working on several projects simultaneously. Examples of your writing and communication planning should be included in portfolio samples.
You’ll need to bring an agile mind and a creative storytelling sensibility to every project you work on and be comfortable taking risks and making suggestions on new ways of doing things.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Create innovative ways to communicate that inform and engage diverse audiences worldwide across a wide variety of topics in the cybersecurity sector.
- Collaborate with the Consumer EVP and his Chief of Staff and provide communication advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Design world-class presentations for mainstage keynotes, speeches, and more.
- Guide and direct designers in support of visual storytelling, when needed.
- Provide recommendations on how to influence audience perceptions and behaviors.
- Work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals, and be on site day of to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and internal travel).
- Work with colleagues in different countries and appreciate cultural differences.
- Stay up-to-date on global current affairs, geopolitical issues, and industry trends that may be relevant to executive communications.
- Create communications content that drives engagement with our McAfee Consumer employees.
- Create and manage the McAfee Consumer internal website.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies;
- Responsible for the creation of creative internal digital content;
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communications through digital analytics, surveys, and other key performance indicators;
- Review and manage existing content libraries to determine opportunities to improve the learning and communications experience for our employees, ensure the content is current, relevant and that the best technology platform is used.
- Senior level executive communications experience, which includes designing, building, and implementing comprehensive executive communication programs that use a variety of methods and media such as creating digital content and written, video, or visual communications materials
- Experience developing creative, effective communication plans for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce and executing against them
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be an expert in PowerPoint/Keynote (please include past work)
- Working knowledge of social tools, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yammer
- All candidates must submit a portfolio of material that demonstrates a mastery of writing and communication planning
- Quick learner who proactively owns the role
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, results oriented, passion about program development and management and is strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite one's seniority
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Low ego — you shouldn’t be prone to thinking that a job is too small, willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)