Global Head of Organic Search (SEO)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/08/2019
Job Title:Global Head of Organic Search (SEO)
US, California, Santa Clara
Global Head of Organic Search (SEO) is a leadership role responsible for driving revenue and leading global SEO strategy and operations. This is a high impact and high visibility role in the organization with the mandate to help transform the way Organic Search drives customer acquisition. As a leader and senior member of the marketing team, the person will be responsible for developing innovative and impactful acquisition strategies across multiple global regions.
The position requires a strategic and global mindset to drive consistency in process but also to develop custom execution model based on local business need - for example what to execute in-house and when to partner with an agency. This is fast pace role with high bar for SEO, analytical skills and ability to drive full-funnel marketing to acquire and engage customers.
One of the main aspects of this leadership role is to be able to build and nurture a high-performance team globally. The leader must have the passion for individual coaching and mentorship and creating a culture of mutual support, innovation, and analytical rigor. Additionally, passion for cybersecurity and its nuances is key.
This is a unique opportunity to build and lead comprehensive and innovative SEO program for an industry leader in Cyber Security. The role requires hands-on, agile and resourceful problem solving & prioritization of both day to day management and investment in long term strategic innovations. This position reports to the Head of Performance Marketing and has global ownership of SEO.
You are equally curious about human truth that drives consumer behavior, as you are about Machine Learning (ML) and evolving Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Marketing. So, if you are a world class SEO leader with keen sense of urgency to drive business results and customer acquisition, and people love to work with you, we’d love to hear from you.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
Own and drive a revenue & operations for Organic Search with defined quarterly and yearly growth targets by up-leveling the SEO’s core infrastructure, content, and links globally. As an SEO lead, you will:
- Directly build and manage a large cross functional team of managers and SEO subject matter experts to hit monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter who conveys a balanced sense of urgency, drives issues to closure, and gets things done
- Be fiercely competitive and stimulate a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity to build best in class SEO capability that not only outperforms competition but also sets the benchmark for best practice globally
- Understand how changes in cybersecurity, consumer needs and competition impact SEO strategy and execution to stay ahead of the trend
- Sophisticated ability to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and actionable strategic recommendations
- Deep understanding of customer lifetime value, recurring revenue and subscription-based business models
- Lead daily agile pods to manage and measure performance across campaigns, keywords and initiatives with defined Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
- Establish the culture of innovation and evergreen experimentation including new page development, on-page optimization, structure data, global navigation, etc.
- Lead engagement with cross functional stakeholders to drive smart infrastructure evolution and be the driving force behind building a reliable foundation of SEO technology and content globally
- Establish measurement framework and actionable KPIs to drive the culture of accountability and rigor to deliver business impact
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive higher rankings and search coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve and advance SEO tech & content
- Senior level experience in digital marketing, with active / hands-on experience in Organic Search
- Seasoned leader with experience building collaborative and high-performing teams while providing ongoing coaching
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to structure complex & at-times ambiguous problem into meaningful and actional work plan
- Proven track record of leading a large global team and digital transformation
- Powerful communicator with ability to engage and influence senior management
- Deep understanding of SEO and market dynamics driving rank and visits
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms and other marketing analytics tools, including any of:
- Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics & Marketing Cloud, SEM rush, etc.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.