Innovation Software EngineerPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations US, Oregon, Hillsboro Date posted 04/03/2018
We are currently seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our Future Innovation Team in of the Office of the CTO. This agile and talented team works on the most challenging current and future problems in cybersecurity. The team targets Windows, Linux and mobile platforms, working on the endpoint and in the cloud, while making use of diverse technologies such as Machine Learning and hardware assisted security as well as traditional security technologies.
This fast paced team primarily works on proof of concepts that directly solve internal and customer issues, tackles predicted threats, and researches and evaluates bleeding edge technology for use in the cybersecurity domain. If you are looking to change the face of cybersecurity in a small, dedicated and agile research and proof of concept team, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, implementing and demonstrating proof of concepts that tackle the most difficult problems we face in cybersecurity.
- Actively contributing to McAfee's IP portfolio and strategic direction.
- Researching and predicting threats of the future.
- Delivering special projects and research items for McAfee's CTO.
- Contributing to McAfee's technical social media presence with blogs, papers and research.
- Bachelor Degree, majoring in Engineering, Computer Science, related field/degree, and/or equivalent experience.
- Prefer competency in HTML5, assembly/shell code.
- Cloud technology experience (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform) is a significant plus.
- Prefer experience implementing Machine Learning models.
- Prefer experience with Operating System internals and low-level software development experience (Windows, Linux, Android, iOS).
- Prefer experience in a fast paced research environment.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and presentation abilities.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.