Interaction Design InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 01/15/2019
Location: Santa Clara, California
Start Date: Spring 2019
End Date: August 2019
Hours: Part Time from Spring to May. Full Time in Summer
Do you want to transform the cybersecurity space through beautiful, intuitive and engaging experiences at scale? At McAfee, as part of the Customer Experience Design, we are focusing on bringing experience design as the core of every solution delivery that can touch our customers, employees, partners and channels.
As an Interaction Design Intern, you will be working alongside with Interaction Designers, User Researchers, Visual Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers. Despite our diverse backgrounds and fields, what brings us together is our shared love for building things, for bringing new, innovative solutions to life.
This internship will start in Spring part time and become full time during the Summer and is based in Santa Clara, CA.
McAfee protects all that matters through cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, and cloud security. We work together for a common goal of shaping the future by designing and delivering best in class security products for consumer and enterprise customers around the world.
About the Role
- Contribute to great design solutions by participating in brainstorming sessions, creating user scenarios, storyboarding, and developing concept sketches.
- Creating beautiful, functional, compelling, and memorable design work that helps advance prototypes
- Collaborate with interaction designers, user researchers, software engineers to turn designs into high fidelity functional prototypes.
- Understand complex user and business requirements, while also crafting a simple and elegant user experience to fulfill those needs.
- Deliver superior design solutions under tight deadlines.
- Developing graphics and assets for applications on digital screens: user interfaces, icons, and visual comps
- Create compelling presentations to communicate innovative design ideas and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Design, Graphic Design or related.
- Must be graduating between December 2019 to May 2020
- Required to be authorized to work in the US without use of a visa.
- Must include portfolio on the resume or included in the application
- Must understand principles of user-centered design or design thinking.
- UX or interaction design experience or training that includes interaction flows, wireframes, usability principles, navigational flows, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and prototyping apps such as Sketch.
- Must live within a commutable distance to Santa Clara, CA.
- Design experience of consumer web interfaces highly preferred
- Basic HTML skills
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.