Manager, DesignPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 06/22/2020
Job Title:Manager, Design
US, California, Santa Clara
Are you looking to work with a team that’s passionate about creating amazing user experiences? Does transforming everyday security problems into beautiful and joyful experiences sound like a challenge you could get into? If so, drop us a line and a link to some of your work.
The McAfee Design team is focused on making great design the core of everything our customers, partners and channels see from McAfee. You will grow and guide a team of designers, resourcing their time so they can do their best work. We’re looking for an experienced manager who loves growing people and a passion for end-to-end design excellence.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
As a Sr. Design Manager at McAfee, you will report to the Director of Product Design. You will partner with product managers, engineers, executives and other designers to bring excellent experiences to our consumer security products.
- You will grow and empower a team of consumer product designers to create excellent user experiences.
- You will contribute to the growth of knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content) and deep domain expertise in consumer security.
- You will grow a culture of designing and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. We look to rebuild our culture.
- You willactively advocate for great Product Design throughout the organization by ensuring Product Design responsibilities, roles and contribution to Product Development are understood.
- You will help create and execute product design OKRs in collaboration with the Product Design team and UX Leadership.
- You will ensure UX is prioritized by working with product leadership to identify opportunities for validation and better collaboration.
- You will participate in Opportunity Canvas reviews by asking questions and providing feedback that focus on a great user experience.
- You will hire an excellent team of Product Designers.
- You have 5+ years’ experience managing Product Designers.
- You have solid visual awareness with understanding of basic design principles like typography, layout, composition, and color theory.
- You have experience using standard design tools like Figma and Sketch.
- You have experience promoting the high-level strategy and helping your team tie design and data and research back to that strategy.
- You are passionate about teaching your craft and up leveling design and experiences.
- You like to mentor others.
- You have experience implementing organizational change with your team.
- You have a passion for creating visually pleasing and intuitive user experiences.
- You share our values.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, California, Santa Clara
- Director, Marketing Technology & Platform Product Management Engineering Santa Clara, California, Plano, Texas
- Sr. Product Manager- Customer Experience Engineering Plano, Texas, Santa Clara, California, Waterloo, Ontario
- Principal Product Manager- Customer Experience Engineering Plano, Texas, Santa Clara, California, Waterloo, Ontario