Manager, Pre-Sales EngineeringPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/14/2019
Job Title:Manager, Pre-Sales Engineering
US, Illinois, Chicago
The McAfee Pre-Sales Engineering organization is a central part of the McAfee sales organization’s go-to-market Strategy in North America. The pre-sales organization provides technical enablement to our customers, sales organization and channel across the theater. This position will report to the Director of Pre-Sales Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Be responsible for providing leadership, direction and inspiration to the Southeast regional pre-sales organization, leading by example and driving a culture of personal leadership, ownership and initiative.
- Continue to build the North America Southeast Area pre-sales organization through the attraction and retention of talented pre-sales professionals while finding the right balance between technical excellence, business acumen and soft skills that align to McAfee strategy.
- Ensure that the pre-sales organization continues to develop robust processes to deliver productive, disciplined and effective ways of doing business. They will ensure that pre-sales resources are effectively organized, trained and are aligned to maximize incremental revenue growth and customer satisfaction across the region.
- Work hand in hand with the Director of Sales Engineering and Regional Sales Directors to grow the business. This person will be required to interact with customers and lead these relationships.
- Demonstrate proven initiatives that have benefited both the sales and the pre-sales organizations.
- Have strong personal engagement with customers through demonstrating executive presence and maximizing customer satisfaction - ensuring that all efforts are made to continue to be a trusted technical advisor.
- Act as a facilitator of collaboration across internal stakeholders including Sales, Product Management and others to ensure that key initiatives and synergies are leveraged, while working very closely with the Regional sales organization in terms of programs and plans.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of managing and leading a large pre-sales organization within the security industry.
- They will have extensive experience within the security industry and working knowledge of multiple security products (IPS/IDS, SIEM, Endpoint, Network Security, etc.)
- They will have the demonstrated ability of attracting, developing and retaining high performance technical teams.
- They will have demonstrated success in driving incremental revenue, customer satisfaction and retention by proactive pre-sales programs and enablement initiatives.
- The final candidate is both self-motivated and passionate about technology and people.
- They will have demonstrated personal experience in complex consultative solution selling, with the ability to develop others in this regard.
- They will have the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment with a proven track record in influencing key stakeholders to ensure success.
- They will have excellent communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver strong and compelling value propositions to customers (CxO level), partners and internal groups.
- This individual will have excellent written and oral communication skills. They will also have strong organizational skills and process orientation with proven experience leading pre-sales teams.
- Ideally degree qualified with MBA or equivalent business experience being an advantage.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, Illinois, Chicago
US, Indiana, Indianapolis
- Global Director of Amazon Retail Sales (US based & open to remote locations) Sales Seattle, Washington, Santa Clara, California, Dallas, Texas, Fairfax, Virginia
- Sales Director - (New Logo - US) Sales Santa Clara, California, New York, New York
- Corporate Development Deal Lead Sales Santa Clara, California