McAfee Development Engineering Intern (Fall 2019)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 08/28/2019
Job Title:McAfee Development Engineering Intern (Fall 2019)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is looking for passionate engineers with good experience in object-oriented design and development. The candidate is expected to be hands-on in writing and trouble-shooting problems on the Windows, MacOS, or Linux platforms.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
McAfee Development Engineering Intern
Santa Clara, CA
Start: September 2019
End: December 2019
About the Role
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry leaders, we aim to develop high-performance system software solutions with availability and reliability.
We are looking for passionate engineers with good experience in object-oriented design and development. The candidate is expected to be hands-on in writing and trouble-shooting problems on the Windows, MacOS, or Linux platforms.
- Develop unit test cases
- Write automation script
- Develop tools to help improve quality and performance
- Program and debug software related problems
- Assess competitor offerings
- Excellent knowledge in one or more of the following development languages: C, C++, Objective C, Swift, Java
- Mobile development skills (Android, iOS) is a plus
- Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Self-motivated and can work independently.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Must be graduating AFTER December 2019
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)