McAfee Interaction/UX Design InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 10/01/2019
Job Title:McAfee Interaction/UX Design Intern
US, California, Santa Clara
We are looking for passionate college students with excellent communication skills and a good work ethic interested in gaining hands-on experience in a corporate environment. You will undertake challenging projects designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to great design solutions by participating in brainstorming sessions, creating user scenarios, story-boarding, and developing concept sketches
- Creating beautiful, functional, compelling, and memorable design work that helps advance prototypes
- Collaborating with interaction designers, user researchers, software engineers to turn designs into high fidelity functional prototypes.
- Understanding complex user and business requirements, while also crafting a simple and elegant user experience to fulfill those needs.
- Delivering superior design solutions under tight deadlines.
- Developing graphics and assets for applications on digital screens: user interfaces, icons, and visual comps
- Creating compelling presentations to communicate innovative design ideas and projects
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
Do you want to transform the cybersecurity space through beautiful, intuitive and engaging experiences at scale? At McAfee, as part of the Customer Experience Design, we are focusing on bringing experience design as the core of every solution delivery that can touch our customers, employees, partners and channel. As an Interaction Design Intern, you will be working alongside with Interaction Designers, User Researchers, Visual Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers. Despite our diverse backgrounds and fields, what brings us together is our shared love for building things, for bringing new, innovative solutions to life.
- Working towards a computer human interaction, interaction design, interactive design or graphic design degree
- Graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Must include portfolio on the resume
- Must understand principles of user-centered design or design thinking
- UX or interaction design experience or training that includes interaction flows, wire frames, usability principles, navigational flows, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and prototyping apps such as Sketch
- Design experience of consumer web interfaces highly preferred
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern