McAfee Product Management InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 09/26/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
CLOUD SECURITY OVERVIEW:
At McAfee Cloud Security, we’re building groundbreaking technology to help enterprises enable and accelerate the safe adoption of cloud services. We have a work hard, play hard culture that fosters a fun, energetic, and collaborative work environment. Most importantly, we all check our egos at the door.
We have the following opportunity for a creative, innovative and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Product Management Intern will drive projects with market analysis and product definition utilizing product management skill sets and methodologies.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Working cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Support teams
- Interfacing with external stakeholders
- Owning product features from concept to delivery
- Managing outbound and inbound product
- Ability to see your part in the larger scope of a project
- Understanding of the user’s perspective
- Proactive follow-up and reporting
- Proven ability to work with a team as well as work independently
- Comfort working with higher levels of management
- Excellent communication skills and superb attention to details
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 10-12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Late May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019
- Majoring in Business or Engineering
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your degree no later than August 2020
- Experience with Agile methodology, Jira and Confluence is a plus but NOT a minimum qualification
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.