McAfee Quality Assurance InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 09/11/2018
McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The McAfee Cloud Technology Solutions Team (newly acquired Skyhigh Networks), will create and manage high-capacity, high-performance infrastructure for enterprise cloud security analysis and control. You will work cross-functionally with Development, Customer Support, Engineering Productivity, Operations and other groups in an Agile-based development environment to test our cloud security technologies that cater to a global audience of large enterprise customers and US governments agencies. Skyhigh Secure solution provides secure and policy-based access to cloud applications. We provide DLP and Field level encryption controls for the services that can be managed via Skyhigh Security Cloud.
The Test Engineering Intern will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of functional and automated test plans and test cases and working with Customer Support to reproduce and troubleshoot issues in our environments. He/she will also responsible for continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, participation in automation for newly integrated features and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive suites of test cases against our cloud service platform
- Emphasize performance, stress, and scalability testing
- Reproduce customer issues, verify potential fixes, and write regression tests
- Analyze and troubleshoot test failures, submit defects, and communicate test results
- Track defects and verify fixes
- Participate in day-to-day QA activities, including the continuous integration and nightly build environment
- Enhance and extend the test automation framework, system, and libraries
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
The program is a 10-12 week assignment where you will undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience and be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you navigate through the organization. Specific projects and responsibilities will be assigned based upon your skillset.
INTERNSHIP BEGINNING: Late May 2019
INTERNSHIP CONCLUSION: Mid-August 2019
- Majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- You must be within one year from obtaining your degree at the conclusion of the internship. For example, if the internship concludes in August 2019 – you should have your degree no later than August 2020
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities
- A passion for software test and quality assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in and execute tests within a Unix/Linux environment
- Familiarity with Python
- Some experience in software test and automation for web frontend or backend
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Robot, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with cloud service platforms such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, Box, Office365, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for an interview, you must complete an online application on our company website.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.