McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based OpportunityPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 08/02/2019
Job Title:McAfee Security SIEM Consultant – US Remote Field Based Opportunity
US, Washington, Bellevue
This full-time position will provide hands-on and remote best-in-class software security architecture, code development, installation and configuration of our McAfee SIEM product. The candidate should possess a broad knowledge of modern security terminology and controls and be able to directly map and address complex security requirements (GDPR, COBIT, PCI-DSS, FISMA, ITIL, etc.) to McAfee’s security products.
Candidates with similar SIEM / Log Analysis technologies experience including ArcSight, LogRhythm, QRadar, Splunk, RSA envision, Fortinet, NetIQ, Trustwave or other SIEM platforms and a background in security application architecture (or strong pre-sales/sales engineering/training experience in these areas) are also encouraged to apply.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
Specific tasks and experience include (but not limited to):
- Deliver onsite and remote security application/endpoint protection designs, implementations and training for a wide variety of customers.
- Be able to identify gaps in application and endpoint security architecture and recommend strategies using a combination of industry-standard security best practices, software controls and other necessary changes to promote a higher level of information security practices.
- Write formal engagement reports, architecture designs, optimization guides and best-practice white papers covering a variety of security topics.
- Participate in conference calls, onsite meetings and roundtables with customers, sales, internal product development and support to gather data, scope new and existing work, evaluate or suggest new product features and assist in resolving existing product issues.
- Recognize and generate potential product and consulting services sales leads when appropriate and necessary.
- Be able to illustrate and explain use cases for implementation of SIEM alarms, watchlists, reporting and correlations of data from and covering multiple data sources.
- Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol suites and ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets.
- Experience with configuration of debug, event generation and logging functionality within application and operating systems, using Syslog or flat file generation.
- Design, implement and optimize applications within a virtualized environment.
- Prior experience of two (2) or more years within an Information Security consulting, analysis or management role where SIEMs/SEMs and other log analysis technologies were principal technologies actively used.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Two or more security or vendor certifications (e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, SANS, ISACA, ISC2, VMWare, McAfee, etc.)
- Any experience with McAfee core technologies for Endpoint or Network Security
- Prior experience using McAfee SIEM.
- Experience working in a NOC/SOC environment.
- Experience with UEBAs and advanced analytical security tools.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)