McAfee Senior Emergency Incident Response Consultant - Remote BasedPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 01/08/2020
Job Title:McAfee Senior Emergency Incident Response Consultant - Remote Based
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee Advanced Cyber Threat Services (ACTS fka Foundstone) team is looking for a technical, passionate pragmatic information security professional with vast Emergency Incident Response/Cybersecurity experience to be part of our Emergency Incident Response team. You must be a strong leader/Snr with excellent people and management skills with ability to take ownership of assignments and execute with speed and accuracy. You also need to able to work beyond normal business hours and willing to travel locally and/or internationally, if needed. Previous consultative experience is a must.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Lead Emergency Incident Response (EIR) engagements and guide clients through a variety of incidents (i.e., breaches, malware/virus outbreaks, security incidents, and forensics investigations). Provide guidance on tactical and strategic response and remediation recommendations.
- Perform live response, malware analysis, volatile data collection and analysis on hosts and/or network data.
- Correlate and analyze Windows, Linux to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Strong in Network Forensics (TCP/IP networking) /Traffic analysis, Digital Forensics
- Ability to examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity
- Leveraging various forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT/ open source, Splunk, and other tools to determine source of compromises and/or malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Display an understanding of security best practices, security gap assessments, penetration testing / Cyber Kill Chain, NIST etc.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to identify security issues in client environments.
- Deliver professional consulting services across Professional Services portfolio and ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience in managing large and complex client environments and meet their business requirements by evaluating their security controls, architecture and operations against industry best practices
- Assess and develop risk management/mitigation controls and strategies via technical testing and conducting risk assessments and develop actionable remediation guidance.
- Have performed IR/SOC Gap Assessments and Development
- Basic understanding of the McAfee product suites to be able to intelligently discuss with clients how the Foundstone Services can support and be supported by McAfee technology and solutions at a highly level.
- Understanding in development of engagement scoping and proposals and making customer presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and think on your feet
- Ability to adopt and apply Containment, Mitigation, and Remediation concepts based on TTP’s.
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols (e.g. HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, Active Directory etc.)
- Experience or familiarity programming in at least one of the following: Python, Powershell, Bash, Shell Script, Batch, VBscript would be beneficial
- Able to learn and collaborate from our close-knit group as well as contributing your thoughts, tools, industry news or lessons learned.
- Ability to speak with C-Level and management personnel about the engagement or service provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, California, Santa Clara
- Sales Engineer - San Francisco (Net New Logo team) Sales, Sales Engineer Santa Clara, California
- Cloud Security Architect Sales, Cloud Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, New York, New York, Santa Clara, California
- Sr. Business Development Manager (Consumer Business Unit) Sales Santa Clara, California, Plano, Texas, Los Angeles, California, San Jose, California, Bellevue, Washington, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Portland, Oregon, New York, New York, Newport News, Virginia