McAfee Technical Cloud InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 10/01/2019
Job Title:McAfee Technical Cloud Intern
US, California, Santa Clara
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry leaders, we aim to develop high-performance system software solutions with availability and reliability.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- You will be an active technologist and innovate solutions with the team
- You will architect, design, and implement the software functionality along with a test-driven approach
- You will deliver reliable and maintainable code and actively participate in code reviews
- You will use analytical skills effectively for hands on problem solving.
We are looking for interns with unique and innovative skills, style and point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you possess a passion for cybersecurity design. Here's what we're looking for in our candidates:
- Graduating between December 2020 and August 2021
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Holding a 3.0 GPA or better
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Reflexively use SCM, check in your code, configurations, documentation and recipe
- Improving processes and product lines
- Communicating with key stakeholders within the organization to build and deliver product features
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, developing scalable applications, and a passion for problem solving
- Academic, professional or personal experience with designing and implementing frameworks, application networking and multi threaded programming
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern