Senior UX Designer, ConsumerPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 09/18/2020
Job Title:Senior UX Designer, Consumer
US, California, San Jose
Do you want to protect humanity from cyber threats with beautiful, intuitive, and engaging experiences? At McAfee, we’re changing the way we bring products to our customers, employees, and partners by putting customer experience (CX) at the forefront of everything we do.
We’re looking for a designer to help take McAfee to the next level by creating experiences that delight and inspire users worldwide. As a Product Designer, you will report to the Senior Manager, Product Design and play a important role in this transformation by creating and leading the delivery of excellent experiences for a variety of plans. You excel at helping teams visualize an experience in the abstract, dive into customer research and data analytics, break down complex requirements, and use storytelling to masterfully communicate interaction and design concepts to a diverse team member audience.
The work you do at McAfee will positively influence the lives of millions of consumers around the globe every day.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will provide extraordinary experiences for consumer products based on customer research, data analytics, and industry trends
- You will advocate for a mobile-first design strategy to provide responsive and seamless experiences across all digital devices with a heavy focus on mobile devices
- You will organize design workshops with product management, engineering, marketing and other teams to explore multiple concepts with clear user goals and testable hypotheses
- You will create user flows, journey maps, interaction patterns, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards, design specs, and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas
- You will participate in design sprints, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and lean product testing
- You will measure and present actual UX outcomes using different methods
- You will guide the UI evaluation efforts and design processes
- You will apply Human Factors Engineering techniques and principles at all phases of product/technology development, including:
- End-user profiling and application of market research
- Requirements gathering and definition
- Product concept formation and qualification
- Rapid, iterative user interface design, simulation, evaluation
- Usability planning, delivery, tracking and closure for software, and web projects
- Partner with other Human Factors Engineering groups and labs, and work with the Ease of Use community at McAfee
- You have been driving UX designs for large-scale digital products for leading brands for 7+ years
- You have a stunning portfolio that displays a spectrum of creative design solutions from concept to launch for consumer products
- You have current skills in multiple areas of UX design including research, interaction, and visual
- You have experience building clean design artifacts including user flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, specifications, and documentation
- You have experience working in an iterative manner to dramatically improve prototypes quickly
- You have mastery of standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe CS, and Invision
- You are an early adopter who enjoys staying current on technology, design, and industry trends
- You have experience with lean experimentation and test and learn (T&L) methodologies
- You are comfortable working with virtual teams across multiple time zones and geographies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.