Public Sector Cloud ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 02/14/2020
Job Title:Public Sector Cloud Architect
US, Texas, Dallas
The Public Sector Cloud Security Architect (PS-CSA) is a senior level individual contributor in the Office of the Chief Technology Strategist for our US Public Sector Business Unit. This role is a customer-facing sales position who works together with the strategist team, solution architects, multiple product teams, partners and key customers to collaboratively create and validate cloud security reference and solution architectures. Recognized as a trusted cloud security advisor for a vertical market or multiple cloud security domains.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the job:
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership for delivery of comprehensive, validated cloud security architectures based on McAfee products and inclusive of necessary cloud service providers and third party/SIA//OEM components.
- Engage in a consultative and business-led manner with business leaders, technology architects, solution designers, and partners to architect cloud security solutions in order to maximize capability while building security into enterprise’s cloud strategies
- Drive the security conversation by supporting development of the customer’s cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to secure their cloud environment
- Influence the security aspects in cloud transformation strategies of key enterprise accounts by developing strong executive relationships with regular engagements with CxO or Architects
- Act as a Trusted Cloud Security Advisor to drive cloud security architecture for multiple vertical or domains, based on extensive experience while maintaining industry knowledge on latest trends
- Work with SE Directors and Regional VP’s to help build programs to capture large security cloud design wins, displacements, and provide industry best practices to help better position McAfee cloud solutions in large strategic accounts
- Strategize with theater Sales and SE VP to build on programs for large customers to drive programmatic adoption of McAfee cloud security solutions. This will involve building and owning best practices, reference architectural design, integration with industry players, and operational excellence around security design, implementation, and day to day operation
- Partner closely with the relevant sales teams and other business functions across your theatre to bring the right momentum into the sales process to achieve significant opportunities targeting $1M+ and any strategic deals as identified by sales leadership
- Oversee and review the response to large and strategic requests for solution sales proposal spanning all cloud security solutions
- Advocate McAfee’s cloud security solutions at key internal and external events like SKO, MPower, RSA, Blackhat, Public Sector Summit, cloud platform and partner events, EBCs, user group meetings, industry meetings, etc. to present ideas from above
- Work with corporate and your theatre marketing team to develop executive and solution focused campaigns, market awareness and sales pipeline
- Through influence, communication, training and example behavior, foster a culture of connecting cloud security to the business through the sales and pre-sales organization.
- Architecture or design certification such as TOGAF, SABSA, CISSP, CISM, CCIE Security, SANS or cloud architecture preferred
- AWS or Azure professional cloud certifications or equivalent experience preferred
Preferred Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven professional experience as SE, architect, technical management role
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines
- Knowledge of FedRAMP process
- Generalized cloud security certifications such as CCSK or CCSP certifications are preferred
- Specialized cloud security certifications such as AWS Certified Security, etc.
- You must have extensive experience working with cloud security within a Public Sector vertical
- Should have extensive knowledge of cloud architecture
- Working financial acumen on spend, budgets, TCO, ROI, and speak to cost savings and value
- Can own a project, manage matrixed teams, set own time management and project deadlines
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.