Senior Architect, MobilePrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 06/29/2020
Job Title:Senior Architect, Mobile
US, California, Santa Clara
We are looking for a Senior Architect who is passionate about designing solutions, has an interest in creating Consumer experiences for mobile products, and wants to join our collaborative team to help build excellent products. You will report to Senior Director of Software Engineering within the Consumer Products Team.
Working at our Santa Clara development center, you will exhibit an understanding of mobile application development, and consumer products. You will provide technical leadership in the areas of software design, architecture, and development.
In a world where smart homes are becoming more frequent, and IoT and mobile devices are increasing every day, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and essential part of McAfee’s consumer business that protects our customers’ - in one of the most vibrant cities in the US.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will lead the technical direction, design, and architecture and create scalable mobile solutions. This includes design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms
- You will be customer obsessed and build products that provide optimal experiences
- You will focus on the McAfee Consumer Mobile product features, to stay competitive in the market place and drive scale during product adoption into different go to market segments
- You will work with developers, development managers, and product managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development
- You will work with the development teams to design and develop consumer products. Influence adoption of mobile capabilities, standards, and secure development practices within the mobile team and guide consistency of design and architecture across the team
- You will work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well
- You will survey new technologies, create proof of concepts, contribute to path finding, and provide vision for product development
- Experience with mobile industry trends and technology areas
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters/Ph.D
- Min. 10 or more years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience building mobile applications on Android and iOS. Design and develop client/UI applications
- Need experience building consumer products, and background in full lifecycle of mobile apps including architecture, development, testing, deployment and configuration
- Experience with iOS/Android technology stack and iPhone/iPad/Android Application development
- Experience in Java, Objective C, Kotlin, Swift
- Experience in the following areas
- Several programming languages/techniques including Go, Python
- At least one server-side framework: Python/Tornado/Django
- Build scalable applications in cloud-based environments
- Relational database system such as MySQL or SQL Server.
- Working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or CouchBase is desirable.
- Need programming skills, ability to apply design patterns to problems
- Experience implementing service architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience in mobile platform/product evaluation/assessment projects to identify, compare, and contrast feature functionality
- Learn new technologies and respond to changing requirements and environment
- Experience working remotely with teams would be useful to have
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, California, Santa Clara
- Director, Marketing Technology & Platform Product Management Engineering Santa Clara, California, Plano, Texas
- Sr. Product Manager- Customer Experience Engineering Plano, Texas, Santa Clara, California, Waterloo, Ontario
- Principal Product Manager- Customer Experience Engineering Plano, Texas, Santa Clara, California, Waterloo, Ontario