Senior DevOps EngineerPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 01/16/2020
Job Title:Senior DevOps Engineer
US, California, Santa Clara
The McAfee MVision Cloud division is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to support MVision Cloud product lines.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- As a member of MVision Cloud Operations team, you will work on automating infrastructure provisioning using AWS CloudFormation and participate in ongoing operational activities (Deployment, monitoring, patching, compliance)
- Day to day responsibilities will include ensuring that our solutions are resilient, scalable, fault-tolerant and performant
- This role will be focused on operational excellence and will work with product/engineering teams to gather requirements and implement the same. Ability to investigate and resolve production escalations is critical
- Successful track record in building and configuring massive infrastructure at cloud scale using AWS or Azure or GCP
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
- Experience with scripting, including PowerShell scripts and Python
- You have a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB/ALB, IAM, KMS, EC2, AWS Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation. Preferably AWS experience in both commercial and GovCloud Regions
- You have experience working with Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Glu and source control tools such as Github, SVN or Perforce
- You have hands-on experience in solving scalability and performance problems
- You have experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Druid, Elastic and message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ and RDBMS such as MySQL
- You have a strong experience in Linux operating system and systems administration
- You have experience in multitasking and be able to handle projects independently
- You are a big believer in design review, code review, automation and best practices of DevOps
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.