Senior Director, Cloud EngineeringPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/08/2019
Job Title:Senior Director, Cloud Engineering
US, California, Santa Clara
The Senior Director of Cloud Engineering is at the core of accelerating exponential growth of our MVISION Cloud platform.
We are looking for a strong leader to lead our Engineering team that will enable us to further hyperscale our infrastructure while delivering continued innovation. The person in this role will build a team of talented engineers with deep knowledge of multiple public clouds, cloud-native computing technologies, the building of new abstractions and service layers, and establishing best practices, standards, and governance.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
• Hires, mentors and grows a team of passionate engineers who work well across the company and are subject matter experts in cloud platforms and security technologies.
• Works within the team on priorities and helps to specify the deliverables while assuring solid architecture capable of cloud scale.
• Advocates for change across the organization. Ensures the implementation of change with appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics, and reviews.
• Engages with cloud providers for support and connections to their product teams.
• Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with individual growth and organizational objectives.
• Builds new abstractions and service layers on top of the native cloud functionality to enhance security, enforce standardization and enable engineer productivity.
• Partners to develop roadmaps influencing the direction and evolution of the operating environment and support protocols.
• Establishes and maintains Key Performance Indicators for the overall health of the service and build tools to exercise and evaluate if these KPI’s are being met.
• Works cross-functionally with other teams to surface common pain points, architect solutions, establish conventions and evangelize application development and operations best practices.
• Scrum and agile enthusiast with a realistic understanding of how to customize processes to optimize quality and delivery of software to stakeholders.
• Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including but not limited to Java, Linux, and a range of open-source libraries.
• Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
• Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems preferred.
• Expertise in using and managing cloud platforms and cloud-native tools.
• Prior Java development experience, preferably in an agile SaaS environment.
• Significant experience with open source platforms and technologies.
• Experience with software development processes and methodologies.
• Track record of architecting, developing, implementing robust, distributed online solutions.
• Proven professional experience in a software development managerial role
• Direct experience building or operating cloud-native applications
• Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with leadership team
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.