Senior Interaction DesignerPrimary Location Waterloo, Ontario Additional Locations US, California, Santa Clara Date posted 10/24/2018
About the Role
You will be involved of every step of the design process, from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation, to launching high quality designs. This role is for someone who can demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work collaboratively across functions to solve complex design problems.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, able to prioritize and focus on critical tasks, is independent, and open to input. You’ll need excellent verbal communication abilities to effectively share your design rational. We value those who are constant learners and interested in working in a test & learn environment. Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their ease of use.
What you’ll do:
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs and business goals.
- Share a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends.
- Mentor junior designers and lead project teams.
- Turn complex design problems into simple user experiences.
- Deliver user experience visions, UI specs, wireframes and prototypes.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, and researchers.
- Participate in and foster the McAfee’s Experience Design Community.
- 6+ years of experience in design, prototyping, or related field.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field; Masters preferred.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods.
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision.
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- Seasoned in Agile development processes.
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
- A stunning online portfolio.
Shift 1 (Canada)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.