Senior UX DesignerPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 08/23/2018
McAfee is changing the way people protect their families, homes, and personal information. Our mission is to protect our users from any threat, on any device, anywhere. The consumer mobile team has created opportunities for nearly anyone to take advantage of our best-in-class security through the ease and convenience of their mobile phone. Our design team is a growing band of innovators and problem solvers, focused on disrupting the digital security industry with easy-to-use consumer experiences that focus on solving real world problems.
The McAfee Consumer Mobile team is seeking a talented and passionate Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing User Experience Design team. This Designer will have a significant impact on our business as they lead the design direction for our family security solutions for users around the world. The designer will work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, marketing, content writers, and other designers, leading the design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle.
If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk.
As a Sr UX Designer you will:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating complex user stories and research insights into ideas, polished designs, and shipped products.
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly inform, test and iterate your designs.
- Design and deliver user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Work closely with user research to discover insights about user behaviors, hypothesize solutions, and validate designs with target users.
- Research and share industry trends and develop a deep knowledge of market competitor experiences.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to assess feasibility of ideas, partner on user-focused solutions, and implement your designs to spec.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Socialize design approaches and styles across the team to ensure consistency across the suite of apps, and to constantly evolve our overall design vision.
- Incorporate available user data and metrics into your design decisions by regularly tracking and assessing analytics, app store feedback, and satisfaction scores (like NPS).
- Work in close collaboration with design leadership to inform and improve design processes and strategy for the team.
- Communicate design strategy and concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Be an active participant in defining and championing a progressive culture of design in a growing tech organization.
- Be an advocate for users and quality designs that meet their needs.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role. Hold a degree in Design or related field.
- Have demonstrated success in designing and delivering compelling products in a high-growth, fast-pace, rapidly changing environment.
- Can drive design projects from A (concept) to Z (shipping and iteration) with minimal direction. Have a mastery of fundamental interactive and visual design principles and have an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- Are a creative problem solver with a positive attitude. Can think at all layers, from full product experience, to UI interaction, to beautiful pixels – with an eye on creating a seamless end-to-end experience for your users.
- Are fluent in creating highly-detailed wireframes for complex user flows, using Sketch, Axure, and/or Adobe CS. Have the ability to prototype what you design using Invision, Principle, Adobe XD, Framer, or any standard prototyping tool.
- Have experience designing complex mobile applications and have a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Are an excellent communicator and can clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients. Can explain the rationale behind your designs and successfully balance defending your work while still remaining open to feedback.
- Are a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Possess a polished portfolio of work that shows a well thought out design process.
- Experience planning and conducting user research (usability studies, user interviews, A/B testing) is a plus.
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.