Software Engineer - Marketing TechnologiesPrimary Location San Jose, California Date posted 09/18/2020
Job Title:Software Engineer - Marketing Technologies
US, California, San Jose
At McAfee, our mission is to relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cybersecurity, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between. Our eCommerce platform team is passionate about building solutions to help acquire new users and retain existing customers using our the state-of-the-art marketing technology to personalize their user journeys to help them buy and renew their cyber security software.
We're looking for a software engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will help build a world class digital marketing platform to acquire and retain existing customers using an omni-channel strategy via emails, push notifications, and landing pages by an integration of 3rd party technologies and home grown platforms. You can expect to be a key member of the team contributing to major features and projects on the platform while working in a collaborative environment
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You will build products and services that support scaling our customer acquisition and retention efforts and user data pipeline
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
- Develop micro-services and build applications in the cloud (AWS)
- Partner with Product Managers, Interaction Designers and Growth engineers to build software in an agile development environment using Scrum best practices
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed
- Drive and perform best engineering practices
- Identify leverage and evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity and drive velocity towards business outcomes
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, enjoy solving hard problems, enjoy data and metrics-driven optimizations, and work well in small cross-functional teams. You will need to prioritize tasks, exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- 2+ years experience building user facing web applications in languages like C#, C++, Python, Java
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and general service oriented architectures
- 1+ years design/implementation/consulting experience building cloud solutions on any cloud
- Highly motivated to solve customer problems, even in a remote environment
- Takes real ownership of their work and is a true team-player; someone that looks for opportunities to collaborate and be mentored by senior engineers to keep learning and growing
- Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.