Software Engineering Intern (Cloud)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 12/23/2019
Job Title:Software Engineering Intern (Cloud)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is hiring a Software Engineering Intern for the summer 2020 based in Santa Clara, CA. This intern will be working on MVision Cloud projects that includes backend server work, user-interface development and writing automation for testing. The internship is full time in the summer and will start May/June 2020, 10-12 weeks long.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry leaders, we aim to develop high-performance system software solutions with availability and reliability.
This internship is under the Cloud Business Unit that works on the MVision Cloud product which perform threat detection with use of cloud services.
- Actively participate in finding innovative solutions with the team
- Working on user-interface (UI) development projects
- Assisting the team on backend APIs
- Writing automation for testing
- Architecting, designing, and implementing the software functionality along with a test-driven approach
- Delivering reliable and maintainable code and actively participate in code reviews
- Using analytical skills effectively for hands on problem solving.
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert
- Gaining experience working on cloud-based services
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Security
- Graduating AFTER December 2020 with a 3.0 GPA or better
- Strong programming languages skills in Java.
- Familiar with software development practices like documenting code, testing codes and similar
- Willing to recommend ideas to improve process to help our teams
- Strong presentation skills to be able to communicate to stake holders, team members and leaders
- Taken classes in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, object oriented, algorithms.
- Passionate about solving problems and is comfortable with networking within the team
- Working knowledge in design, application networking and multi-thread programming
- Working knowledge of implementing frameworks is preferred
- Any knowledge with working on databases is preferred
- Ability or experience with SQL is preferred
- Experience with UI frameworks like Angular is preferred
- Working knowledge in designing Restful API is preferred
- Able to commute to the Santa Clara, CA location. Relocation assistance packages are not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern