Software Solutions ArchitectPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 08/22/2019
Job Title:Software Solutions Architect
US, California, Santa Clara
The solution architect will be delivering technical solutions for a number of products that range from embedded to endpoint to cloud solutions. The solution architect will be working with engineering teams located in different sites to define solutions that meet the quality, security and performance criteria. The solution architect will report into the Senior Director of Engineering within Enterprise Endpoint based in Santa Clara, California.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Job:
- Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers and business stakeholders.
- Develop the technical specifications according to which solutions are defined and delivered.
- Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
- Direct and oversee the activities of development teams.
- Define the technical vision for Enterprise products ranging from embedded to endpoint to cloud services. Bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions. Complying with all applicable product development processes.
- This is a highly visible position. In addition to the technical skills and interactions required, this also requires regular interactions with executives on various aspects of the technical engagements.
- You have extensive professional experience working as a software architect designing and architecting software solutions for large enterprises.
- You have experience designing Endpoint products for Enterprise with a focus on security, quality & performance.
- Hands on experience developing mid to large scale software commercial products using C/C++.
- You have working knowledge of a multitude of other programming and scripting languages including Java, Python, PHP, Node.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, with some knowledge of Windows OS architecture.
- You have a solid understanding of technology required for cloud computing, network, storage on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Experience in designing applications that will be migrated to cloud and understanding of the concept of elasticity and scalability.
- Outside the box thinker. Applies innovation and creativity to provide solutions for complex problems in a time sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams with ability to work flexible hours.
- You have excellent communication skills and experience working directly with customers, ideally with individuals at various levels of the organization.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)