Sr Data ScientistPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 09/03/2019
Job Title:Sr Data Scientist
US, California, Santa Clara
With millions of new endpoint deployments coming online every month, data scientist are paramount for understanding our product, its usage and user/admin actions. You have the opportunity to join the McAfee Endpoint Engineering Architecture team as a Product Insights Data Scientist. This position is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing discipline at McAfee critical to the company’s growth and success and in the exploding cybersecurity industry. Based in our Santa Clara, California office, you will work cross-functionally with the product, engineering and analytics teams that is globally distributed.
We are looking for a data fanatic: you love data, asking questions, and finding insights using data.
As a Product Insights Data Scientist, a typical day might include:
Analyzing and developing new product and user behavior analytics, making recommendations for how to improve the product and user experience, improving data collection, building tools for advanced data analysis, and developing predictive models to anticipate user trends.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Job:
- Be a McAfee data guru – know the ins and outs of all product data for the Enterprise Endpoint.
- Analyze and mine data for insights to improve user experience, conversion, and retention.
- Document data elements recommend improvements to data model, and work with engineering and product management to implement data improvements
- Implement new and innovative analyses to inform product road-map prioritization.
- Define key product metrics and design and create related reports that show our success/failure in reaching related success metrics.
- Monitor performance and trends of product interactions and telemetry daily to correlate changes with tests and releases.
- You have a passion for number crunching and logical problem solving on intellectual challenges.
- Ability to structure / work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions.
- Strong business sense and strategic thinking.
- Ability to build and present evidence-based stories.
- You should be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key.
- Able to work with different business units, across multiple time zones and countries, to communicate findings and practices company-wide.
- You’re a self-starter with an inquisitive personality who constantly enjoy trying new things.
- You have expert level skills with Excel and SQL.
- Tableau, Power BI, and R mastery experience is a huge plus.
- Other database & querying technology (e.g., BigQuery, Hive, Impala, Hadoop, Python, Spark) knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Data science tools (e.g., Tensorflow, Jupyter) knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Experience in either software industry or strategy/data consulting is preferred.
- Experience with managing complex systems to drive business performance is a plus.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can travel up to approximately 10%, depending on project needs.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)