Sr. Director, User ExperiencePrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations US, Texas, Plano Date posted 04/26/2019
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
McAfee is looking for a Sr. Director of User Experience to lead an accomplished team of UX designers across all corporate products. If you want to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with the energy of a startup and the strength of an industry leader, we want to talk to you.
The Sr. Director of UX will work to define the design guidelines, look and feel and usability (UX/UI) requirements for McAfee’s corporate security products across all form factors. You will successfully unify a broad array of McAfee products into a single cloud delivered and multi-form factor experience. Your public scorecard will be the customer Net Promoter Score for User Experience across the enterprise security products family.
• Work with Product Management, Development and Product Marketing to develop a core understanding of our user personas, and their challenges and needs across all products.
• Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to develop compelling UX designs in the face of technical constraints.
• Develop mutual respect and trust with all stakeholders.
• Ensure consistency in look and feel across the products.
• Manage user experience research and usability studies.
• Manage regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
• Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways.
• Manage and inspire a large team of direct and indirect reports around the globe.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Decision Quality (Data Driven)
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Conflict Management
• Presentation Skills
• Building Effective Teams
• Cross Functional Collaboration
• You will bring senior level experience in usability and/or a design related field.
• Prior experience in Enterprise Security a strong plus.
• Background in product development or product management a strong plus.
• Capable of communicating interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution.
• Proven track record of iterative design that includes accepting and incorporating feedback.
• Experience conducting customer research—ranging from insight protocols to usability tests.
• Background developing interaction prototypes.
Company Perks & Benefits:
Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as real people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Select perks Include:
- Retirement / Pension programs
- Medical/Dental/Vision programs
- Paid Time Off
- Family Leave Programs
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.