Sr Manager, Business OperationsPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 01/03/2020
Job Title:Sr Manager, Business Operations
US, California, Santa Clara
Our Business Operations team works at the intersection of the most important issues facing McAfee’s growth, specifically focused in customer acquisition. It is a small, well-rounded group, that works closely with senior leadership across the organization helping drive strategic, operational, and organizational improvements across the McAfee Consumer, such as:
Business continuity plans and programs
Global expansion strategy and implementation
Driving Product Market fit in all new go-to-market regions
New revenue generation and protection programs
Procurement and implementation of third-party tools and systems
Help to build and scale operations globally
The ideal candidate will be very analytical, an expert story teller, structured, detail-oriented with a sharp focus on building scalable operations, at ease in complex cross-functional environments and have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This role will report to the head of Growth Intelligence & Operations Organization.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Create operational rhythm, establish and track KPIs - forecast, analyze, track, report business growth and other key metrics to identify trends, track actual progress towards forecasts, drive new business opportunities and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues with cross functional partners.
- Provide oversight and guidance to cross-functional project teams, planning and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders simultaneously to enable the launch of new projects and processes
- Develop, implement and govern KPIs reporting for the portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones and performance across all initiatives
- Support the strategic planning process, the annual, quarterly, and monthly rhythm of business by designing, creating, and providing in-depth business analytics
- Cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product, Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions and communicate to senior leadership.
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Identify, diagnose and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement
- Manage overall budget for the growth marketing team including media budget, opex, and hold the team accounable to deliver expected ROI.
- Practical experience: Experience with enterprise software, online advertising, digital media, consumer technology and online monetization
- Highly analytical: experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models. SQL a plus.
- Natural problem-solver: comfortable with data and ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Initiative and ownership: Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to solve challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Prior experience in a leading consulting firm a plus.
- MBA preferred
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.