Corporate Development Deal LeadPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 12/06/2019
Job Title:Corporate Development Deal Lead
US, California, Santa Clara
Lead strategic transactioWe’re looking for an experienced individual to join our Strategy and Corporate Development team in the Bay Area. McAfee’s Strategy and Corporate Development team is responsible for the evaluation and execution of M&A and strategic initiatives across all business units. The group partners closely with the company's executive management, business unit leaders and Board to: (i) define and identify growth opportunities (ii) source and evaluate strategic initiatives that will capitalize upon these opportunities and (iii) manage the transaction execution and integration processns for McAfee
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key market trends and McAfee’s strategy
- Research, and recommend potential acquisitions and strategic opportunities
- Analyze potential target companies for highlighting strategic rationale, sources of value, synergies, etc.
- Lead due diligence activities related to M&A projects across multiple, cross-functional teams
- Build financial models to drive the mergers and acquisitions decision-making process
- Applying rigorous financial and valuation acumen to assess M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Prepare and deliver business case presentations to business unit leaders and senior executives
- Analyze the optimal transaction structure and drive the contract negotiation strategy
- Effectively partner with corporate stakeholders inclluding cross-functional teams and business unit colleagues
- This role has high-level of visibility inside and outside the company, including frequent C-level interaction
- Strong quantitative and valuation skills, as well as demonstrable analytical thinking and problem solving approach
- Experience in M&A and related strategic initiatives with proficiency in evaluating and executing deals and comfort with all stages of the deal processes
- Experience in software industry, passion for learning about new companies and technologies and an interest in security
- Excellent presentation and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Desire to lead an active deal team which regularly engages with broad groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and proactive in driving projects
- Ability to both lead and support is important – individual must be able to lead a team, coordinate a project or do the analysis
- Strong project management skills to manage projects from end to end and drive to outcomes
- MBA is a plus but not required
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:US, California, Santa Clara
- Global Director of Amazon Retail Sales (US based & open to remote locations) Sales Seattle, Washington, Santa Clara, California, Dallas, Texas, Fairfax, Virginia
- Sales Director - (New Logo - US) Sales Santa Clara, California, New York, New York
- Manager, Pre-Sales Engineering Sales, Sales Engineer Santa Clara, California, Indianapolis, Indiana