Sr Paid Search Manager (SEM)Primary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 01/03/2020
Job Title:Sr Paid Search Manager (SEM)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is looking for a Sr Paid Search Marketer who is ready to take the next step in their career to join its performance marketing team that is responsible for driving customer acquisition for its consumer business. Someone confident to handle all steps of building out campaigns – from planning to optimization to reporting. The ideal candidate is an expert in SEM, is energized by the opportunity to grow the business and get ahead of the competition, has experience finding opportunity for incremental investments and loves to optimize the end to end funnel for paid advertising. This is a highly collaborative role that will own and manage the budget, target number and work closely with team members that help optimize the user Journey. This roll will report to the head of global Search.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Manage media campaigns across products and across channels – specific activities include Paid Search forecasting, strategy, campaign development, execution, optimization, and measurement
- Actively manage paid search campaigns to maximize sales/order production within efficiency targets and weekly and monthly budgets.
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on conclusions. Scope of influence on overall funel including keywords, landing pages, ad copy, ad distribution, and device. Mobile is a very important component of SEM so particular attention must be dedicated to all mobile trends.
- Synthesize detailed data into actionable insights and recommendations towards business objectives
- Proactively seek out opportunities though the funnel to continuously improve campaigns
- Stay abreast of search engine trends, insights and new product launches and share regularly with greater team
- Work directly with search engine representatives to take advantage of new offerings, tests as well as acquire ideas for building efficient scale and solicit performance data for program optimization.
- Lead strategy and execution around planning and buying for all campaigns:
- Manage media budget, draft and revise media schedules and insertion orders
- Evaluate and purchase media
- Assess campaign trafficking
- Write ad copy
- Conduct keyword research
- Build campaign reports with full campaign analysis
- Senior level, hands on experience executing and optimizing direct response campaigns through keyword footprint, bidding, experience testing, and targeting.
- Experience with running A/B split tests, calculating significance, tracking results, summarizing findings, and iterating into new ideas.
- Experience running paid search campaigns on Google and Bing
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Use data to make intelligent, actionable business decisions.
- Prior team lead experience not necessary but a Plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Highly familiar with Google and Bing SEM platforms
- Familiar with analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, WebTrends)
- Exhibits accountability for the measurable success of programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Passion for technology, marketing and its influence on consumer behavior
- Strong communication, analytical skills and a proven ability to communicate with senior management.
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, a multi-tasker and able to work well under pressure
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.