Sr Product Marketing Manager - Security AnalyticsPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 11/18/2019
Job Title:Sr Product Marketing Manager - Security Analytics
US, California, Santa Clara
As Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for the one or many products/product family. You will craft competitively differentiated messaging and positioning. You'll conceive and develop the go-to-market strategy and innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to our direct sales team, our channel partners and the marketing team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Representing the product to customers and sales force, representing market's needs to engineering. Conducts competitive product/pricing analysis and market research, evaluates sales performance, and formulates and reviews strategic long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific product areas
- Oversees development and production of marketing material, may be required to develop and present product training material
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of product briefs and price books. Develops product specification additional requirements
- Advisor to the sales force and key resource in interacting with engineering, product management, and marketing groups
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
- Ability to form strong collaborative relationships with broad product and sales-oriented audiences at various/multiple levels.
- Your influencing skills are very effective with executives, individual contributors, and industry analysts
- Your self-starting attitude will work effectively in a very dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Your background includes 10+ years of positioning software solutions within enterprise accounts across all levels of decision makers
- Your passion for effective go-to-market strategies will pay off with programs driving towards quarterly identified goals
- Your experience with security analytics, data mining, SIEM, and the technologies surrounding security operation environments will help you succeed in this role
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, results oriented, and is strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite one's seniority
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Low ego — you shouldn’t be prone to thinking that a job is too small
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.