Sr UX ResearcherPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 08/02/2019
Job Title:Sr UX Researcher
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is changing the way people protect their families, homes, and personal information. Our mission is to protect our users from any threat, on any device, anywhere. The consumer mobile team has created opportunities for nearly anyone to take advantage of our best-in-class security through the ease and convenience of their mobile phone. Our design team is a growing band of innovators and problem solvers, focused on disrupting the digital security industry with easy-to-use consumer experiences that focus on solving real world problems.
The McAfee Consumer Mobile team is seeking a talented and passionate Sr User Experience Researcher to join our growing User Experience Design team. As a Sr Researcher, you will strategically advance how McAfee ideates, builds, measures and improves the customer journey. Specifically, you will bring the power of data and intelligence to help us build exceptional customer experiences and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role
- Create a UX research strategy and operational framework, advancing our user-focused culture and working principles for creating best in class product experiences.
- Guide our team in advancing our data-driven design process, by integrating available user data and metrics into our design decisions and validating experiences through appropriate measures.
- Conduct independent research across our portfolio of consumer mobile and partner experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, online A/B testing, surveys, and benchmark studies. Work with designers and Product Managers to interpret research data and identify opportunities for continued product experience improvement or further enquiry.
- Communicate research strategy and findings clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization. Effectively use data to tell stories and communicate key research findings through crisply written reports, short video clips and compelling presentations.
- Be able to connect and track the impact of the work you do to incrementally improve the product design and user experience.
- Work in close collaboration with design leadership to inform and improve research and design processes and strategy for the team.
- Be an active leader in defining and championing a progressive culture of user research in a growing tech organization.
- A seasoned professional UX Researcher. Hold a degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Usertesting.com and Validately).
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics). Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-device software products.
- Demonstrated success with integrating user research into product design practices.
- Possess a clear vision of the future of user experience research and have the courage to pursue and ability to influence forward-thinking research practices in a technical culture.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Are a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Possess samples of research work that show a well thought out strategy and process.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)