Technical Marketing EngineerPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Additional Locations Date posted 08/29/2018
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is a technologist who works as a part of the product management team to promote Skyhigh Networks products. The TME will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that Skyhigh brings to market are successfully positioned by the Skyhigh sales field. The TME must be a technical expert, both in Skyhigh products and the IT environments where those products will be deployed. The TME must have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and also work with the Product Management teams to continually improve the products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for Skyhigh Networks solutions and products.
- Build and maintain a demonstration environment for Skyhigh Networks solutions and products.
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
- Assist with design, deployment and integration guides for products, solutions and reference architectures
- Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
- In depth understanding of networking, encryption, and cloud security
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across department teams
- Ability to influence others and seen as a technical expert
- Ability to work on technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of technical marketing experience
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with firewalls, web proxies and general security infrastructure
- Extensive customer and field experience is a must.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Bachelor's degree business, marketing, or engineering preferred
- Security certifications like the CISSP a plus
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Hybrid Cloud Web Development Engineer Engineering, Cloud Santa Clara, California
- AEM/Java Developer Engineering Santa Clara, California
- McAfee Security Skyhigh Cloud Security Solutions Architect - West Coast (Remote)... Engineering, Cloud Santa Clara, California, Boise, Idaho, Phoenix, Arizona, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Folsom, California, Irvine, California, Hillsboro, Oregon, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, Los Angeles, California, Denver, Colorado, , Carson City, Nevada