User Experience (UX) Design InternPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 12/30/2019
Job Title:User Experience (UX) Design Intern
US, California, Santa Clara
McAfee is looking for a User Experience (UX) Design Intern to join the Cloud User Experience team based in Santa Clara, CA. In this role, you will help design the next generation of MVISION Cloud, data visualization of workflows, managing the pattern library by cleaning up the system and adding new patterns and work alongside with the UX Lead on how to do design work and approaching projects.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
As a McAfee UX Design Intern, you will work alongside a UX Lead to gain hands-on experience with storyboard, generating creative designs on Sketch and working with different team members in the Cloud User Experience team including Product Managers, UX Managers to UX Design Architects.
- Partner. Collaborate with product managers on the roadmap. Understand business objectives, strategy and requirements.
- Empathize. Sit in on meetings with customers to understand their needs, workflows and pain points.
- Inspire. Create conceptual designs and storyboards that illustrate a vision for the product, and show how a customer will accomplish their goals.
- Collaborate. Participate in whiteboarding sessions, collaborate with other members of the UX team, assist in identifying opportunities for alignment and synergy across projects.
- Design. Create detailed designs in Sketch using a library of page templates and UI components. Illustrate any required conceptual models, workflow diagrams, or journey maps.
- Follow through. Work closely with development and QA to understand technical feasibility, and ensure designs are understood and implemented with quality.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree and is graduating AFTER August 2020
- Taken/taking classes related to design, user experience, computer interaction or user interface design
- Worked on application projects either mobile or website based. For example, social app, banking app or other consumer related app.
- Be able to present design projects to the hiring team. Highly prefer a link to your design portfolio. Onsite interview includes a 10 minutes presentation of your design.
- Skilled in Photoshop or Adobe products; basic experience with Sketch is nice to have.
- Ability to work independently, is creative and is willing to share creative ideas with the team
- Demonstrate basic skills in design specifications and storyboards
- Able to commute to the Santa Clara, CA office. Relocation Assistance package is not provided.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Student / Intern