Vice President, Architecture , Consumer BusinessPrimary Location Santa Clara, California Date posted 07/28/2020
Job Title:Vice President, Architecture , Consumer Business
US, California, Santa Clara
Reporting into the SVP of Consumer Engineering and Operations, you will provide technical vision and leadership for the strategic development of Consumer products, platforms and services, and management of the architecture organization with a focus on promoting the transformation of McAfee’s Consumer technology stack to achieve delightful customer experiences. As a member of the senior management team, you will guide higher velocity product development and testing while increasing productivity from our global engineering resources. You will also provide architectural strategy and leadership to developing programs that improve innovation in the always changing consumer cyber security marketplace.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will develop the end to end architecture strategy of McAfee’s Consumer products and platforms to achieve scalable, resiliency, high-availability capabilities and services to millions of customers and partners.
- Working with the portfolio leaders, you will initiate and provide technology evaluations and recommendations, including performing an essential role in evaluating Buy vs. Build, Data Center vs. Cloud decisions and other essential choices affecting the design process.
- You will cultivate relationships with engineering leadership and bring experience including architectural and strategic advice in the areas of the latest technologies, architecture principles, technology life cycles and best practices that results in offering unique, engaging customer experiences.
- Develop architectural blueprints that address current-state challenges and a road map to achieve a target Future State which aligns with the business and product strategy.
- Hire, motivate and mentor senior architects in your organization to achieve the end-to-end architectural vision, while providing architectural direction to technologists across the Consumer business segment, teaching and coaching others on architecture principles and standards.
- Together with your leadership capabilities, we will create governance models and best practices in software development including the use of CI/CD, automation and quality engineering to improve productivity, velocity and agility in engineering teams.
- You need 15+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and architecture experience with at least 7+ years leading architecture for complex SaaS/Web Services-based products and platforms.
- Your experiences must include the passion and commitment to leading an organization in architecting and designing software platforms and services aligned to a customer base in the hundreds of millions.
- Knowledge of multiple technical platforms, operating systems, databases and development languages including Cloud, Mobile, Web, UNIX/Linux, Networking, AI and Big Data is essential.
- Experience building platforms and services that operate at scale on the order of 100M+ global customers and Billions of requests per day that are highly available. Deep exposure to Disaster Recovery techniques and patterns to ensure high availability and minimize time to recovery.
- Your experiences gained within a multi-disciplined, cross-functional technical organization with be highly valuable to your success at McAfee
- Your history of hiring and mentoring architects, designers and developers across an organization to embed innovation and promote transformational change will accelerate your success. These would include architectural evolution, cloud-scaling & migration, common API/data modeling & adoption of new technologies, processes and skills.
- Experience with the development, ownership, and successful delivery of a business wide technology architecture plan that has achieved application simplification and standardization.
- You should be inquisitive and current on technology trends and solutions, including public and private cloud computing, security across businesses and devices, business intelligence tools and applications, mobile computing and networking.
- A “team first” mindset and belief in a shared success model
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.