Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical L3 Analyst / Threat Intelligence / Threat Detection L3 AnalystPrimary Location Seattle, Washington Date posted 08/07/2019
Job Title:Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Technical L3 Analyst / Threat Intelligence / Threat Detection L3 Analyst
US, Washington, Seattle
The Senior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position performs in a Senior Level Threat Hunter/Researcher role from an automation perspective. The Analyst will use advanced network and host based tools that will proactively search through datasets to detect and respond to imminent and potential threats that evade traditional security solutions. This role could role into a technical lead for elevated threat management and security solutions identified by or reported to the SOC. Will be responsible for developing and assisting in the development and advancement of automation and integration technologies. Candidate should be capable of clear communications to varying audiences across the organization, in addition to seeking and building consensus where needed to achieve a strengthened security posture.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
- Proactively hunt for and research potential malicious activity and incidents across multiple platforms using advanced threat network and host-based/open source tools
- Use both internal and external threat intelligence to build indicators of compromise into monitoring tools, be able to integrate these tools with one another to provide data enrichment
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network analysis to isolate and diagnose potential threats and anomalous network behavior
- Ability to automate networking tasks and analysis tasks
- Be able to effectively document code and automation efforts effectively in an understandable manner for a non-programmer
- Report common and repeated problems (trend analysis) to management and propose/drive process and technical improvements
- Provide resolution plans for system and network issues
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of real or potential cyber threats to the environment and be able to assist in the automation of these processes
- Maintain and employ a strong understanding of advanced threats, continuous vulnerability assessment, response and mitigation strategies used in cybersecurity operations
- Provide written and verbal reports and updates to customers/business units
- Leadership role in providing ongoing knowledge transfer to junior analysts
- Develop and maintain up to date Run-Books and/or Standard Operation Procedures to maintain relevancy, address current/emerging threats and technology, and ensure constant improvement that meets industry standards and emerging attacks and threats
- Lead and/or support major projects, including new initiatives, capacity, life-cycle management, new products and/or features, and integration
- Develop process and architecture diagrams
- Resolve complex networking and other technical issues with multiple parties involved
About the Role:
- Track record of six (6+) years of experience as a Level 3 SOC Analyst performing incident handling, sensor alert tracking, and/or cybersecurity case management
- Must have experience programming in at least one of the following: Python, Powershell, Bash, Shell Script, Batch, VBscript (Python experience preferable)
- Must have cybersecurity incident discovery and event management, network forensics, IPS/IDS, firewalls, content filtering technology, DLP, configuration management and monitoring, endpoint protection, database security, and log collection and analysis understanding
- Strong working knowledge of security-relevant data, including network protocols, ports and common services, such as TCP/IP network protocols and application layer protocols (e.g. HTTP/S, DNS, FTP, SMTP, Active Directory etc.)
- Experience and keen understanding of cybersecurity tools, including McAfee SIEM/ePO/VSE/ENS/ FireEye NX, Splunk, Quest, ServiceNow, Oracle.
- Network Traffic Analysis, Malware analysis, Raw Packet Captures, database technologies, web applications technologies, firewall technologies, etc.
- Experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies (Disk, file and memory acquisition)
- Experience in Tabletop exercises
- Extensive experience with network ports and protocols
- CSIS, CEH, CSTA, CSTP, GCFE, CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, or GPEN preferred
- Leading and/or directing security incident response
- Involvement in threat intelligence and cybersecurity communities
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage teams and shifts of analysts effectively
- Experience with providing formal and informal training/instruction and ability to communicate technical details effectively to junior IT personnel and C-level management
- Willingness to work overtime and adjust to reasonable demands from customer, as and if required
- Able to multitask and give equal and/or required attention to a variety of functions while under pressure
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate technical details clearly
- Experience in developing and maintaining Run-Books and/or Standard Operation Procedures in a SOC environment
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical details effectively in writing and verbally to junior IT personnel and management
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United States of America)