Key Deal ManagerPrimary Location Singapore, Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
About the Role:
The Key Deal Manager is responsible for leading the Business review of all critical components of large deals, including but not limited to commercial terms negotiation, pricing approvals, deal structuring, validating revenue positions, compliance (eg SOX) and final approvals of high value transactions. You will be a key business partner and trusted advisor to the Corporate Sales team, review and approve quotes to maximize profitability, conduct deal profitability analysis and report to Executive Management, whilst ensuring that transactions comply with all Company policies.
The Key Deal Manager will report to the Deal Desk Lead for Asia Pacific and Japan.
· Strategically support Sales in the review and approval of deal terms, legal terms, pricing and quotations, ensuring transactions are structured effectively and commercial terms in line with corporate policies and guidelines.
· Interact closely within own department/function (APAC Deal Desk Manager, Key Deal Alignment team and Revenue Accounting team) and cross functionally to support approvals for large deals, key quarter close activities, compliance processes and financial reporting
· Pro-actively work with Sales team to support the closure of high value transactions. Resolve any queries or issues in a timely manner, solve problems, provide solutions or recommend alternate courses of action
· Liaise with different departments of the organisation, including Legal, Finance, Operations, Product Management, Sales & Support to co-ordinate approvals as required.
· Work with the APAC Deal Desk Lead in providing commercial value-add advice in terms of interpretation and analysis of management information.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of McAfee’s products, processes and promotions in order to provide a best-in-class level of support to Sales.
· Manage weekly and quarterly forecast reports on a timely and accurate basis.
· Produce ad-hoc reports and analysis for various business purposes as required.
· Undertake investigation into specific areas of the business as required.
· Able to work effectively whilst remote in Singapore.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- local Japanese preferred, based in Singapore
- primary scope is to cover Japan business with APAC coverage.
- able to read Japanese contract and work with local Japan team to manage non standard terms.
- engage actively with Japan team, including Japan Mgmt team
· At least 5 years of relevant solid work experience in an IT organisation, preferably in the Software/Services space.
· Exposure to direct dealing with Customers around contracts and/or Sales professionals an advantage.
· A good understanding of how to interpret and apply Revenue Recognition concepts (SOP 97-2, EITF 08-1)
· An ability to interpret and solve problems and communicate practical solutions in a straight forward easy to understand manner
· Good commercial acumen and business knowledge
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, thorough
· Strong interpersonal skills – the job requires high degree of interaction with sales teams and other cross functional groups.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure (e.g. turnaround time for special bid request in less than 24 hours)
· Strong work ethic & organisational skills.
· Risk identification and assessment.
· Prioritisation and Task Management Skills
· Relevant tertiary / professional qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Business.
· Previous experience of working in SAP, Siebel or similar CRM would be preferred.
Shift 1 (Singapore)
NSQ1 - Singapore
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.