Sr. Sales EngineerPrimary Location Singapore, Date posted 03/18/2020
Job Title:Sr. Sales Engineer
Singapore, Multiple Cities
As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee Pre-Sales Organisation is on an upward growth trajectory – transforming and maturing the Cyber Security Market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best Security Professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding. Cloud Specialist is part of Pre-Sales organization, in charge of cloud security business pre-sales engagement across Asia region, include CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) and UCE (Unified Cloud Edge) business. You will report to Director of Sales Engineering.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
As a Security Pre-Sales Engineer (SE), you will play an important role in partnership with your sales account manager(s) to create a solution architecture and proposals that meets the customer’s requirements. You will be required Lead and engage throughout the sales life-cycle from discovering the customer’s needs, writing proposals, solution demonstration, architecting solutions, building the customers trust and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. You will also work in collaboration with your direct SE Manager and Regional sales directors to contribute to sales strategy and team projects that create a pipeline, customer excellence and best practices on technical wins.
The role’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the solution sales activities within the sales process to gain the technical win and the customers’ trust
- Participate in solution led sales calls and prospect visits, qualifying the customer’s requirements
- Gather requirements, develop use cases, and understand our customer's needs and constraints
- To present McAfee platform strategy and how this solves the customers’ need and outcomes
- Provide technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations
- Create unsolicited solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and is fit for the intended purpose
- Ownership of the technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs and orchestration of the virtual teams to help provide a comprehensive consultative response
- Present a solution proposal to the customer, demonstrate how we solve the customer’s requirements and how this aligns with the customers’ outcomes and differentiate from the competition , lead the proof of concept from engagement, ownership of all activities and orchestration, through to completion
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands-on experience across McAfee cloud security products, solutions and sales proposition
- Support larger cloud security opportunities across the Asia region as cloud Security Expert and go-to-person, lead the opportunities together with Account SE and desire in technical win.
- Remain current on security trends and industry analysts reports and use this knowledge to improve technical sales wins
- A mentor for SEs and to be part of a dedicated team, sharing best practices, providing feedback to cloud security product
- Technical account lead for Customer Executive Briefing events
- Support customer beta activities and early adopter programs
- Maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system Participate in the Global Presales Enablement program, through the delivery of formal classroom training Following closely with McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
- You have certifications around CISSP, CCNA, CISM / CRISC CCSK – Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge; VMware Certified Professional; VMware Certified Associate -- Cloud, VMware Certified Professional -- Cloud, and VMware Certified Advanced Professional, AWS Solution Architect, AWS DevOps engineer, MCSE – Cloud platform certification.
- Preferred experience includes demonstrated experience in Presales/System Engineering Has proven experience in one or more specialists’ fields below Cloud security architecture design Managing Security Operations Center CASB, Data security, Web security Software-defined networking Cloud and Virtualization DevOps, DevSecOps Datacenter Operations
- Hands-on experience and positioning of McAfee Products and solutions
Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
Passionate about their work/Is achievement oriented
You are a Team Player
We have a strong culture in McAfee. Our values bind us together:
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
We expect every person who joins our company to help us advance these values and live and breathe them. If these resonate with you, we’d love to chat with you.
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.