Cloud Pre-Sales EngineerPrimary Location England, Slough Additional Location(s) England, Aylesbury; Remote United Kingdom Date posted 02/18/2021
Job Title:Cloud Pre-Sales Engineer
Role Overview:As part of the ongoing growth of McAfee, the McAfee Pre-Sales Organisation is on an upward growth trajectory – helping to transform and mature the Software Security Market. The opportunity that is before us will need the best Security Professionals – and that is exactly who we are looking for - the right individuals to help lead this growth, be a part of the transformation and to ensure our customer experience is outstanding.
As a Security Pre-Sales Engineer (SE), you will play a critical role in partnership with your sales account manager(s) to create a solution architecture and proposals that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements. You will be required Lead and engage throughout the sales lifecycle from discovering the customer’s needs, writing proposals, solution demonstration, architecting solutions, building the customers trust and leading the proof of concept to gain the technical win. Your sales focus will be aligned with our Global 2000/Fortune 500 accounts. You will also be required to work in collaboration with your direct SE Manager and Regional sales directors to contribute to sales strategy and team initiatives that create a pipeline, customer excellence and best practices on technical wins.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Own the solution sales activities within the sales process to gain the technical win and the customers’ trust
- Participate in solution led sales calls and prospect visits, qualifying the customer’s requirements
- Gather requirements, develop use cases, and fully understand the client's business needs and constraints
- Be able to present the McAfee Strategy and how this solves the customers’ need and outcomes
- Provide exemplary technical expertise on customer product and solution demonstrations
- Create unsolicited solution proposals and ensure it meets or exceed the customer’s requirements and is fit for the intended purpose
- Ownership of the technical or solution response to RFIs/RFPs and orchestration of the virtual teams to help deliver a comprehensive consultative response
- Present a solution proposal to the customer, demonstrate how we solve the customer’s requirements and how this aligns with the customers’ outcomes and differentiate from the competition
- When required, lead the proof of concept from engagement, ownership of all activities and orchestration, through to completion
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands-on experience across McAfee products, solutions and sales proposition
- Keep abreast of security trends and industry analysts reports and leverage this knowledge to drive technical sales wins
- Play a pro-active role within your target accounts including building a trusted relationship, monitoring/managing customer issues in partnership with support, expand the existing footprint and drive competitive displacements
- A mentor for SEs and a team player, sharing best practices, providing feedback to product
- Technical account lead for Customer Executive Briefing events
- Support customer beta activities and early adopter programs
- Update and maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system
- Participate in the Global Presales Enablement program, through the delivery of formal classroom training
- Adhere to McAfee corporate guidelines and compliance
- Proven experience within a Presales/System Engineering role
- Strong experience within Cloud and Virtualisation technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP and VMWare
- Managing Security Operations Center
- Software-defined networking
- Datacenter Operations
- Hands on experience and positioning of McAfee Products and solutions
- Network administration & management
- Network performance monitoring & analysis
- Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions or Network Security & Encryption solutions
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.