Corporate Counsel UKIPrimary Location Slough, Date posted 01/15/2020
Job Title:Corporate Counsel UKI
McAfee is looking for a talented, self-motivated and experienced commercial lawyer to be the lead inhouse Counsel for the UKI Region (United Kingdom) (providing a wide range of legal advice to the respective regional management team and other stakeholders). This position has a focus on drafting and negotiating Partner and Customer contracts, but also entails working on employment, procurement, litigation, compliance and marketing legal related matters. This position reports into the Senior Director for EMEA and to be based in Slough.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
This role in our EMEA legal team is instrumental in McAfee achieving its targets for 2019 and beyond. We offer an opportunity to join an industry leader and to work in a fast paced environment within an established legal department.
- Be the point of contact for the UKI Management team in regard to all legal matters. Cooperate with the different functions to identify getting to the best solution for the company in line with legal and corporate requirements
- The main area of responsibility is the negotiation of all customer & partner Agreements
- Manage the relationship with external counsels
- Provide legal training to Channel, Sales and Service departments on range of topics
- Support the EMEA Legal team in regulatory matters and other projects if and when they come up
- Provide basic risk analysis
- Facilitate litigation
- Work closely with international legal colleagues
- Ability to negotiate and draft IT business agreements in English
- Qualified Lawyer with solid and industry relevant in-house commercial/ contracts experience (minimum 2 years relevant) with prior stints in private practice preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of commercial/contracts law
- A self starter needing low level management time and being able to provide the best legal solutions in a fast changing environment
- Able to think of their feet and learn
- Strong result and solutions/goal orientated
- Excellent English communication skills
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.