Engagement Manager – Professional ServicesPrimary Location Slough, Date posted 02/14/2020
Job Title:Engagement Manager – Professional Services
Based in the field and McAfee Offices, this critical role is to support understanding of our Customers business and technical requirements and to then drive and qualify the scope for the Consultancy and Training services necessary to ensure McAfee solutions are designed and implemented to the highest McAfee standards.
We are looking for candidates who have a proven project management background with relevant and successful pre-sales experience. Through these skills, to engage with our Sales teams and customers to instil confidence and delivery of the highest quality services.
Candidates should be self-starters with a proven track record and experience in a similar role. Strong relationship creation and management are essential, with an understanding of project delivery life-cycles, coupled with a record of successful Pre-Sales Projects
Nominally office based in Slough, UK. (Expectations to be working in the field at Customers and with Sales teams approx 60% to 80%)
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
Through our Professional services function the Project Manager/Engagement Manager is expected to be the core interface for our sales teams and business partners, to qualify and confirm our Consulting services, then consistently achieve and exceed these goals,
- Interact with Sales, Sales Engineers and supporting functions to ensure requirements are understood for servcies to be scoped
- Own understanding and creation of project cost, schedule and delivery management.
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities.
- Identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organisation.
- Financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing.
- Oversee project profitability (P&L), resource management and governance
A self-starter with a proven track record and experience in a similar role. Strong relationship creation and management with an understanding of project delivery life-cycles, coupled with a record of successful Pre-Sales Projects
Some or all of the following skills and experience are valuable in order to be successful in this role;
- Ability to work at McAfee offices and on customer site
- “Can do”and “do whatever it takes” attitude and approach to working practices and demands of the business
- In line with the above, a very flexible approach to working and achieving desired business goals for McAfee
- Evidence of trusted relationship building at all levels
- Management of project delivery resources.
- Project Manager/Technical Project Manager experience in planning and leading projects to successful conclusion.
- Come from a Pre-Sales or Professional Services background
- Understanding of IT and Security industry trends relating to Security and Information Management.
Prince 2/ITIL or similar qualified.
- Development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Experience of using experience, creativity, and best practices to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Exercise independent judgement in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- The responsibilities for the role include the following areas:
- To form and grow strong trusted relationships with all internal and external stakeholders (McAfee and customer)
- To understand and pro-actively manage leads and approve requests for McAfee
- Create compelling services proposals, respond to bid requests and requirement for Statement of Work documents
Qualify opportunities, to ensure the correct solution approach and expert resources are assigned as necessary.
- To manage new services business pipeline and forecast deals in current quarter.
- Create the Statement of Work documents and underlying P&L
- Seek customer and internal stakeholder approvals prior to deal closing.
- Identify delivery team – PM, partners, architects and consultants.
- Provide point of contact for Consulting issues and queries.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.