Security Operations SpecialistPrimary Location Slough, Additional Locations Date posted 10/05/2018
Security Operations Specialist
Your role with be responsible for key McAfee solutions in our Security Operations practice within the Sales Engineering team. This includes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), McAfee ATD (Sandbox), McAfee Behavioural Analytics and McAfee Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Your geographical coverage will be UK, Ireland and South Africa.
As an expert in this area you will engage directly with customers, channel partners and MSSP’s and indirectly with the McAfee Enterprise Sales Engineering and the Channel Sales Engineers. Being able to show the customer and partner how our solutions can do this more efficiently than the competition across multiple decision factors is a fundamental aspect of the role.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the role:
- Participate in sales conference calls and customer prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how McAfee’s Security Operation solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots.
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business.
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations and post-sale installations when necessary.
- Manage the Regional Strategic Account customer base on their technical needs.
- Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences, when needed.
- 5+ years of professional network or systems engineering experience
- 3+ years in a presales related role
- 3+ years in the Security field with hands-on engineering experience, preferably gained within a sales engineering capacity
- Security Certifications or other technical achievements are an appreciated benefit
- Previous experience with a SIEM solution
- Previous experience with an EDR or Sandbox solution are an appreciated benefit
- Understand Proxy and Firewall technology and logs
- Work with Linux and Windows based servers and endpoints.
- Advanced knowledge of cyber threats, cybercrime and threat intelligence
- Time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written, oral communication and strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills allowing you to be influential at all levels
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee. Perks include:
- Pension / Retirement Programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Support for Community Involvement and Programs
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (United Kingdom)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.