Security ConsultantPrimary Location Sydney, New South Wales Additional Locations Date posted 01/08/2019
This is a commissioned position. Develops and delivers detailed IT solutions through consulting project activities. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
A McAfee Professional Services Consultant is responsible for operational management of McAfee software with an emphasis on specific product sets based on customer requirements and implementation needs. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, policy configuration, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and product deployment.
The purpose of this role is to provide subject matter expertise in information security and governance with McAfee enterprise sector clients. Integral to this role is the ability to represent McAfee as a trusted advisor on information security. The role requires the ability to design solution architecture and evangelize both the solution and the underlying information security principles. Project management of the implementation of solutions and technologies is an important part of this role. The third part of this role is problem management, remediation and root cause analysis to enable process and technology improvement.
The consultant will be expected to be on site at customer sites at least 75% of work time, with a utilization target of 65%. Occasional travel throughout A/NZ will be required.
- Maintain and expand client contact at high levels and build credible relationships with key client personnel
- Maintain expert level technical skills in McAfee technologies
- Requirements analysis and solution architecture for integrated network, data and secure systems
- Identification and development of professional services opportunities for McAfee and business partners
- Enterprise management experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Data loss prevention, Security Event and Incident Management and other McAfee technologies.
- Must have experience in working with enterprise projects in the capacity of Architect, Consulting engineer.
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP or CISM Certification
Shift 1 (Australia)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.