Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Hyderabad Date posted 01/24/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:As a Software Development engineer, you will report to the Manager, Software Engineering. You will help develop next-generation security solutions for SAAS applications.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Exposure to developing Web-based applications with 5+ years of experience. Build solutions to secure data in SAAS applications.
- Have understanding of AWS services and expertise in deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- Work with product manager to analyse the requirements, create standardized solutions across partners.
- Work with Architect to create end-to-end cloud solution, ensuring high scalability, availability, performance and cost optimization.
- Estimate, prioritizing and planning project deliveries.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and work with appropriate development, product teams on issue resolution on end-to-end basis.
- Passion to work with demanding customers Document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design.
- 5+ years of solid experience in designing and development of native Cloud/API-based software solutions, with a deep focus on usability, performance and integration with downstream web services.
- Objective Oriented skills with a nifty ability to create clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills using Java programming language Exposure to designing and scaling solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL DBs.
- Exposure to Micro-services Architecture for cloud components and its pros and cons.
- Experience to convert a problem statement to a design and Implementation.
- Participate in weekly code reviews with Engineers.
- Can understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type:Experienced Hire
Primary Location:India, Hyderabad
- Software Development Engineer - Java Engineering, Software Development Telangana
- Sr. Software Architect Engineering Bengaluru, Karnataka, Hyderabad, Telangana, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Software Architect Engineering Bengaluru, Karnataka, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kolkata, West Bengal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Hyderabad, Telangana, Pune, Maharashtra, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi