HR Business Partner, JapanPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Date posted 08/22/2019
Job Title:HR Business Partner, Japan
-Reporting into the APAC & Japan -Human Resources Business Partner, this hands-on role works closely with the business units’ leadership teams to drive and enable business outcomes through the development of and execution of our people priorities. This role leverages and integrates all the pertinent expertise and capabilities of the Human Resources function including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Organization Design and Learning and Development to influence and achieve business results. The incumbent will operate as an advisor managing complex inter-disciplinary matters. The Business Partner will serve as trusted advisor and advocate to employees, managers and leaders and provides solutions to complex, critical issues involving the sales organization.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Constant strategic and operational partnering with leadership to understand business objectives then develop, implement, and measure people strategies to ensure positive business outcomes.
- Strengthen the senior leadership team by providing coaching and counsel to continually develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Ability to match effective HR strategies with business goals and articulate a practical vision for global change as well as the ROI for HR initiatives.
- Strong analytical background with experience delivering data-driven presentations to key business leaders.
- Work with the business leaders to identify, forecast and prioritize talent needs and develop/execute talent plans which enable business strategies, engage employees and achieve organization results.
- Plan and facilitate talent reviews and succession planning with the senior leadership team and follow through on action plans
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop & deliver recruitment strategies. Serve as member of the interview team for key hires.
- Be aware of key leadership openings, as well as talent ready to move to help facilitate leadership placements that can strengthen business results, build succession and develop careers.
- Work with the leaders to identify and improve processes and practices which can translate to enhanced engagement, retention and revenue.
- Provide support with new hire onboarding process, leadership excellence onsite training (vendor assistance), and participating in the diversity and culture council
- Must have a deep-rooted belief that to build a highly successful organization capable of delivering extraordinary results foundationally starts with people at heart of the business. This individual must be able to bring business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing organizations globally through the ongoing development and support of its people.
- Proven HR business partner/generalist experience in Japan working for a large, technical company
- HRBP experience in Organizational Design, Talent Management, Executive Coaching and Employee Relations required
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes, programs, policies and systems and ability to communicate same to all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to thrive and execute with minimal structure; navigate within a fast-pace and at times ambiguous environment.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, results oriented, passion about program development and management and is strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately
- Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn
- Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite one's seniority
- Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
- Low ego — you shouldn’t be prone to thinking that a job is too small
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure — you’re unafraid to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Japan)