Service Provider Solutions Architect - JapanPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Additional Locations Date posted 02/14/2019
Role Description: Service Provider Solution Architect
The SP Solution Architect is the principal technical leader representing McAfee to the strategic partner. This individual is responsible for collaborating with partners to architect best in class security solutions that underpin new joint service offerings, and ensuring that partners are enabled to sell and deliver these offerings at scale.
- Ensure McAfee technologies are broadly represented in the partners COE platform, working with Product Management to ensure key needs are in the roadmap
- Develop new services with partners featuring McAfee and SIA technologies that are attractive to customers
- Ensure that partners are effectively enabled and certified to sell, implement and operate McAfee technologies with best-practice processes
Responsibilities / activities
- Lead and support the partner through all aspects of the solution lifecycle, from design, service development, pursuit, implementation, operation and change management
- Architect best in class security solutions and services based on McAfee and SIA technologies, integrating with 3rd party and legacy systems as required, ensuring they meet the need and are robust, reliable and high performance
- Jointly develop and launch partner services (e.g. reference architectures, deployment guides, white papers, client references, best practice processes & operation, etc.) based on the above solutions that generate demand from pioneering clients, driving both short term and long term revenue, helping our partners to have successful and profitable engagements
- Provide knowledge transfer and enablement on McAfee technologies and associated best practice to enable the partner to effectively sell, implement and operate the solutions globally
- Effectively represent the needs of the partner and their key clients to McAfee Product Management, such that the respective product roadmaps intersect with planned change management and deployment milestones
- Proactively participate in joint account planning process, and support very large, high risk and/or high profile pursuits with the partner
- Assist and advise on first time deployment of new joint partner services, including strategic consulting, solution architecture, SoW development, design validation, implementation assurance, etc.
- Be an escalation point to assist the partner and support in troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing McAfee technology problems
- Proactively collaborate with key McAfee functions to ensure the best outcome for the partnership, including Partner Business Development, Sales, Pre-sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, Support, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years security experience, providing leadership and expertise across at least one security domain.
- Has at least 10 years experience architecting and implementing technology solutions of heterogeneous components for fortune 1000 organisations. Detailed understanding of key IT Infrastructure technology with an ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies.
- Has at least 5 years customer facing experience with associated presentation skills, soft-skills and business acumen, with an ability to map technical and commercial value to longer term business goals.
- Has at least 2 years project management experience, including leadership, collaboration and communication skills necessary to influence, coordinate and handle complex relationships between multiple stakeholders from multiple organisations.
- Has at least 2 years experience working with global service providers and/or systems integrators.
- Experience working in a global team environment is a key requirement.
- Experience with scripting, programming, regular expressions, and API-level integration of heterogeneous technologies
- Preferable, but not essential experience:
- Extensive experience in one or more McAfee and SIA technologies.
- Computer Science degree desirable, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a similar field.
- TOGAF or similar certification
- Vertical experience in one or more of Finance, Telco or Public Sector.
- This is an ideal role for someone who has worked for a global service provider, systems integrator or large consulting firm. Hands-on security vendor architects with professional services and pre-sales experience may also be suitable.
- 70% Base + 30% OTV. Variable split 50/50 to specified partner bookings/revenue goals and quarterly MBO’s (to ensure useful assets are built and shared within McAfee)
Performance / KPI’s
- $XM McAfee product and services pull-through from strategic customer engagements (i.e. not resell)
- One or more McAfee technologies are represented in the partners COE platform
- Minimum X partner employees are enabled to sell, implement and operate McAfee technologies in each major theatre
- SE – supports usual pre-sales activities associated with an opportunity, e.g. RFx response, demo / PoC, high-level design, solution presentations, etc.
- PS – supports usual pre-sales activities associated with an opportunity and win, e.g. validating design and implementation plan (pre-sales), defining SoW to support the project appropriately (pre-sales), executing required post-sales services (post-sales)
Shift 1 (Japan)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.