Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Date posted 08/28/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
McAfee is seeking an experienced software development engineer with at least 5 years of experience, to join the Enterprise Endpoint Engineering team to provide input to the design and development process with a specific emphasis on features and functionality for the Japan marketplace. This role requires experience with developing and trouble shooting system software, reporting any issues found and working with other engineers within the team to trouble shoot the issue and progress the issue to resolution. Development and trouble shooting knowledge in a C++ environment or security software development experience would be a huge plus.
In addition as a member of McAfee Engineering, you’ll work with other groups within the company when critical issues occur. You’ll help drive technical solutions to problems customers are facing when the established development process isn’t reactive enough. This role requires critical thinking, curiosity, and a desire to use creative means to get the job done.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is developed in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will work closely with the development teams to influence development and features and functionality for the Japan Market
- You will collaborate with other team members on best practices, code review and process improvements to help the team stay productive in delivery of features.
- You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can clearly communicate your needs, goals, and can explain your decisions articulately.
- You will handle customer facing product release activities (KB articles, Product documentations, Release Notes etc...)
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and risk-based testing to ensure efficient release testing
- You will be involved in debugging complex customer issues and attend debugging sessions (either remote or at the customer site)
- You will be estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating automation activities
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and work closely with your development colleagues to resolve the defects
- An active interest in software engineering and keeping up with the latest trends.
- We will ask you to help optimize the software development process and procedures to make them more efficient
- You have experience in a software development role.
- Previously exposed to a variety of operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Building partnerships and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
- You have a keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software development and validation.
- You can apply Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall
- Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking.
Any of the items below would be a distinct advantage
- Development experience in C++ technology
- Development experience in security software
- Experience of working with customers to debug in-field issues (both remote and on-site)
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (Japan)