Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Date posted 12/13/2019
Job Title:Technical Support Engineer
-Technical Support for key clients
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Help Customers prevent problems, resolve issue quickly, and maximize the value of their security investment. (This is mission of worldwide delivery support & support service.)
- Be the primary point of contact for all technical support issues including, but not limited to troubleshooting, case escalation, case management, problem resolution.
-Identify core issue and customer’s needs even in chaos situation by active listening and effective communication.
- Do the remote or onsite including a meeting with a customer to accelerate the resolution depending on the time and situation especially direction by manager.
- Review open issues on a daily basis, update our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assist in the reproduction of issues.
- Provide the reason to customer why you need the information from customer when ask them, and provide the result of your analysis to them later as well what we could find and not later from their information.
- Create the KB, technical documentation, and movie that covers technical tips including, but not limited to complex configuration, troubleshooting step and upgrade, then provide it via Web or Class room seminar.
- Mentor and coach peers in Tier 1 and certified partners.
- Act as technical adviser to customers where required
- Establish and keep good relationship with key stakeholders who have different culture and business custom by excellent communication.
- Apply a systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving based on facts
- Deeply understand McAfee Culture and company goals
- Having customer centric mind
- Keep learning to maintain required IT and product skill at higher level.
- Show ownership and leadership to fulfill our mission.
- Ability to accept and adopt any changes in a dynamic environment
- Ability to being positive, proactive and productive
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Good at stress management
- Excellent English: equivalent TOEIC 730 or higher
- Minimum 5 years working experience in IT industry
- Excellent written, Verbal, & Presentation skills in Japanese
- Familiarity with SQL 2005 and SQL 2008
- Knowledge of AD and security groups
- Experience with IIS 6 and 7
- DNS and name resolution skills required
- General understanding of network infrastructure to include DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls
- Minimum 3 to 5 years technical support experience
- Progress towards, or completion of, certifications with Microsoft, Sun, or Linux is desired
- Windows/Linux dump analysis is desired
- CompTIA Security, CISSP, MSCE, CCNA, or similar industry-recognized certifications
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.