Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Date posted 03/19/2020
Job Title:Sr Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role
- Help Customers prevent problems, resolve issue quickly, and maximize the value of their security investment. (This is mission of worldwide delivery support & support service.)
- Be the primary point of contact for all technical support issues including, but not limited to troubleshooting, case escalation, case management, problem resolution.
Identify core issue and customer’s needs even in chaos situation by active listening and effective communication.
- Do the remote or onsite including a meeting with a customer to accelerate the resolution depending on the time and situation especially direction by manager.
- Review open issues on a daily basis, update our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assist in the reproduction of issues.
- Provide the reason to customer why you need the information from customer when ask them, and provide the result of your analysis to them later as well what we could find and not later from their information.
- Create the KB, technical documentation, and movie that covers technical tips including, but not limited to complex configuration, troubleshooting step and upgrade, then provide it via Web or Class room seminar
- Mentor and coach peers in Tier 1 and certified partners.
- Act as technical advisor to customers where required
- Establish and keep good relationship with key stakeholders who have different culture and business custom by excellent communication.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in IT industry
- Excellent written, Verbal, & Presentation skills in Japanese
- Knowledge of AD and security groups
- Knowledge of Operation system (Windows, Linux, or others)
- Familiarity with SQL and DB
- General understanding of network infrastructure to include DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls
- Minimum 3 years technical support experience
- Progress towards, or completion of, certifications with Microsoft, Sun, or Linux is desired
- Windows/Linux dump analysis is desired
- CompTIA Security, CISSP, MSCE, CCNA, or similar industry-recognized certifications
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.