TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEERPrimary Location Tokyo, Tokyo Date posted 06/30/2020
Job Title:TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Technical support engineer for corporate customers, mainly for Network security and Cloud products.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
-Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
--Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Help Customers prevent problems, resolve issue quickly, and maximize the value of their security investment. (This is mission of worldwide delivery support & support service.)
- Be the primary point of contact for all technical support issues including, but not limited to troubleshooting, case escalation, case management, problem resolution.
Identify core issue and customer’s needs even in chaos situation by active listening and effective communication.
- Do the remote or onsite including a meeting with a customer to accelerate the resolution depending on the time and situation especially direction by manager.
- Review open issues daily, update our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assist in the reproduction of issues.
- Provide the reason to customer why you need the information from customer when ask them and provide the result of your analysis to them later as well what we could find and not later from their information.
- Create the KB, technical documentation, and movie that covers technical tips including, but not limited to complex configuration, troubleshooting step and upgrade, then provide it via Web or Class room seminar.
- Mentor and coach peers in Tier 1 and certified partners.
- Act as technical adviser to customers where required
- Establish and keep good relationship with key stakeholders who have different culture and business custom by excellent communication.
- Observe support rules and process as typical examples below
+ Follow up date
+ Log all activity associated with any service request and correct information in our CRM system so that a complete and thorough record is maintained for the customer and Company.
+ Ensure our compliance with SLA for the first response time as documented for customers.
+ Complete mandatory training in a timely manner
- Participate shift operation of 24 x 7 for Enterprise Support Customers on a rotational basis
- Understand support important KPIs such as CS and try to achieve the target for those.
- Apply a systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving based on facts
- Deeply understand McAfee Culture and company goals
- Follow the rules and compliance in organization
- Having customer centric mind
- Keep learning to maintain required IT and product skill at higher level.
- Show ownership and leadership to fulfill our mission.
- Ability to accept and adopt any changes in a dynamic environment
- Ability to being positive, proactive and productive
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Good at stress management
- Minimum 3 years working experience in IT industry
- Japanese native speaker
- Basic knowledge of computing, OS (Windows /Linux), Network, Database and Cloud technology.
- General understanding of network infrastructure to include DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls
- English: equivalent TOEIC 730 or higher
- Minimum 5 years + technical support experience
- Progress towards, or completion of, certifications with Microsoft, Sun, or Linux is desired
- Windows/Linux dump analysis is desired
- Familiarity with SQL and Database technology
- Knowledge of AD and security groups
- Familiarity with SQL and Database technology
- CompTIA Security, CISSP, MSCE, CCNA, or similar industry-recognized certifications
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.