Director, EngineeringPrimary Location Canada, Toronto Date posted 01/12/2021
Job Title:Director, Engineering
Role Overview:Engineering Mission:
At TunnelBear, we believe everyone should have access to online privacy and security. We're responsible for:
Build our TunnelBear and RememBear apps to millions of users.Create and maintain the infrastructure that supports our apps, websites and services.
We're known for our friendly UI, funny animations and accessible user experience, but we're most proud of the work we put into user privacy and security (whether it's our yearly security audits or regular code reviews). As a growing organization, our goal is to ensure we're able to contribute where we feel most effective, so we welcome both generalists and specialists. We foster a culture of curiosity and continuous learning; transparency and open communication have been some of our most valuable building blocks. We use tools like JIRA and Github, but we like to adapt as times change. We try not to get too attached to specific technologies, frameworks, or programming languages and like to let our engineers pick what's right for the job. We know everyone brings something different to the table and we can't wait for you to join our sleuth of Bears!
TunnelBear, a McAfee company, believes the world is a better place when everyone has open access to information. Our powerful security apps provide a simple way for people to browse the internet privately, wherever they are. As the only consumer VPN to perform annual, independent, 3rd party security audits, our users can trust us to keep their connection secure. Our main office is in beautiful Toronto, Canada, but our sleuth is global.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You have experience coaching a team of 25 members with plans to grow the team.
- You have experience working Engineering Directors to develop and ensuring we have a clear and transparent method of communicating feedback.
- Continue to guide an autonomous team culture.
- Coach and bring engineering programs and technical roadmap for all of TunnelBear.
- Implement development process and methodology improvements to increase quality of development.
- Work with Customer Support and Product Management to contribute to the strategic direction of the product an roadmaps.
- Identify important areas for improvement, including best security practices and work with the team to prioritize deliverables against business goals.
- Represent TunnelBear within the tech community at several networking events and speaking engagements.
- You have experience leading large engineering teams of 20-25+ members.
- You have development experience in a Security/Privacy or Cloud Services environment.
- You will manage multiple teams and projects.
- You will partner with Talent team to hire and develop software engineers.
- You are working within a global organization and how to communicate with several partners.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.