Director of Software engineeringPrimary Location Canada, Toronto Additional Location(s) Remote Japan Date posted 01/13/2022
Role Overview:We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to lead our mobile threat protection team, that is responsible for delivering foundational components of the mobile protection stack, including client/server technology stack and malware research. Are you a technical leader who is passionate about security, excellence in software engineering, and delivering best-in-class protection to millions of customers?
About the Role:
- The successful candidate will create and drive the vision for our next-generation core technology stack of mobile & server components that deliver protection based on various techniques including ML, server-side processing etc for our Android application.
- As the leader of this initiative, you will hire and grow a highly technical engineering team, paying close attention to mentoring and people development of the industry’s best, while constantly encouraging diversity of thought.
- You will create the plan, metrics, and analytics to accelerate building, delivering, and improving high-quality cross platform components and execute to achieve that vision.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed.
- Follow Lean and Agile processes and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- In order to define and deliver best-in-class security, you will build cross-functional relationships with Product Managers, Software Architects and Engineers, Data Scientists, and Security Researchers, to understand the evolving attack landscape and deliver applicable defensive components.
- This is a direct-line-management position, leading a team of engineers who build and deliver McAfee’s core protection technologies.
- Overall, you will contribute to and drive software engineering excellence across McAfee.
- 5+ years of management experience leading software engineering organizations, with at least 10 years of commercial software industry experience delivering endpoint software to millions of users.
- Your experience needs to include directly managing both development and quality assurance functions to deliver core-technology software on mobile or backend with optional exposure to malware research.
- Hands-on ability to lead teams in an Agile / SCRUM environment, using large-scale frameworks such as SAFe and LeSS.
- Experience with secure software development concepts and practices, including threat-modeling, secure coding, usage of manual and automated tools for threat hunting is a bonus.
- Exposure to one or many of these areas - Server side development experience, mobile app development experience, leading globally distributed teams, exposure to malware research etc
- Your career history must include growing and leading engineering teams of at least 15 or more people.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.